Do you have a passion for making a difference?
We are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
We are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow teamwork, knowledge, compassion and excellence. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since we opened, we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door opens.
Responsibilities of the Personal Support Worker:
The Personal Support Worker is responsible for the overall day-to-day delivery of health care operations, ensuring that the health care services comply with the Retirement Homes Act (RHA) and other relevant legislation.
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Providing for the basic care and needs of residents such as; ensuring resident takes in prescribed medication, provide basic grooming such as washing and combing hair & mouth care, bathing, bowel, and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care,
- Performing specific interventions from individual resident care plans,
- Assisting the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition,
- Performing related light housekeeping tasks, such as bed making, removing soiled clothing,
- Recognizing and reporting safety concerns or equipment malfunction,
- Observing, documenting and reporting any emotional or physical changes in the residents' condition,
- Continually assessing, anticipating, identifying and responding to new and changing needs of residents.
We take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- A positive mindset, as well as a connection with our values,
- The graduate of Personal Support Worker program at the time of application,
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices as they relate to long-term care legislation,
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing person-centred care in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of the MOHLTC and the home,
- Knowledgeable of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and respects and promotes these rights,
- Effective communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively is essential,
- Effective customer service skills and a demonstrated commitment to working with seniors are required,
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, for example, lifting/transferring residents,
- Ability to deal with responsive behavior,
- Basic computer skills are a must,
- Demonstrated commitment to learning and continuous improvement,
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, evidence of flu shot, negative Covid test results in the last 14 days, must be able to provide three work references.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment matter!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- L'orignal, ON (Preferred)