Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The DAN Department of Management & Organizational Studies provides a unique interdisciplinary approach to the study of Management, emphasizing the social science and evidence-based foundations of management education. We have approximately 3,000 undergraduate students studying six academic areas: Accounting, Consumer Behavior, Finance, Human Resource Management, Commercial Aviation Management and Management and Legal Studies. Our curriculum combines each of these six academic streams of core management education with the opportunity to obtain a broader educational perspective from the social sciences and other disciplines. Our focus on Evidence-Based Management, or EBM, emphasizes the use of evidence in management decision-making. EBM supports our interdisciplinary nature and prepares our students to make meaningful contributions to management decisions in the organizations they join.
The calendar description of undergraduate courses offered in our Department is available at http://www.westerncalendar.uwo.ca/ More information on the Department is available at http://www.dan.uwo.ca.
Coordinating the marking of exams for the Graduate Diploma in Accounting which will include working closely with the Director of the Graduate Diploma in Accounting Program and the exam markers.
The Project Coordinator/Manager will be responsible for supporting and overseeing all aspects of the marking process for midterm and final examinations in the Graduate Diploma Program operated through the DAN Department of Management and Organizational Studies. The incumbent will coordinate and provide ongoing leadership of the project, and manage all project phases by setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress and results. The incumbent will engage various stakeholders, ensure project support and sponsorship, and provide leadership, direction and feedback to the project team. The incumbent will handle all student appeal with respect to grading of their examinations.
- Undergraduate Degree in a related field
- CPA designation
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Extensive experience marking at the CPA-PEP level or CFE level
- Familiarity with best practices in building a strong collaborative team and leading people
- Familiarity with competency based marking and the CPA Competency Map
- Familiarity with techniques for planning, managing and coordinating multiple projects, with competing priorities that involve a variety of stakeholders
- Project management skills to ensure team roles are clear, milestones are communicated and deadlines are met
- Familiarity with best practices for change management
- Communication skills to clearly and effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to motivate and coach employees to meet high performance standards
- Ability to interact professionally with students, staff, faculty, and other members of the University community
- Strong client focus with a desire to achieve results
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.