ARO is a fast growing accounting advisory practice based out of downtown Vancouver specializing in financial reporting for public companies. We offer public company clients a complete service package to assist them in timely and accurate disclosures. Our clients are from all industry sectors and are issuers on the TSX, TSX-V, and CSE.
ARO will provide flexibility, respect, and will empower you to make decisions. We are becoming the go-to accounting and CFO outsourcing service provider in Canada, so small to mid size cap companies can focus on executing their business plans.
You will work directly with the clients to assist them in meeting their financial reporting requirements, which may include assisting with closing procedures, accounting systems planning, IFRS standards accounting policy research, MD&A preparation, and financial statement preparation. Being a part of the client side is a rewarding experience all while getting to maintain the dynamic nature of working on different client files.
You will feel ownership over the files on which you work. Due to the small nature of the firm, we support each other to solve complex accounting issues. Filing deadlines are a regular occurrence, so being proactive will be a must in order to be successful in our environment. We offer flexibility and a benefits plan, this is a great for someone who wants work/life balance.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing financial statements and the management discussion and analysis for quarterly and year end filings for various clients;
- Completing consolidation and translation files;
- Assisting clients with financial analysis, preparing financial analysis of various balance sheet and income statement accounts;
- Monthly variance analysis of corporate costs compared with quarterly forecasts and the annual business plan;
- Assisting with the annual budget and quarterly forecast process for clients;
- Bookkeeping on special projects for clients and for some clients regular period ending closing entries;
- Assisting with year-end audit planning and liaising with the auditors on behalf of clients;
- Assist with continuous disclosure requirements; and
- Common complex accounting issues include accounting for acquisitions, stock-based compensation, translations and consolidations.
- CPA designation required;
- Public company reporting experience using IFRS;
- Proficiency in Excel; and
- Proficiency in Quickbooks or accounting software.
About ARO Consulting Inc.
ARO Consulting Inc. is a professional services firm providing outsourced CFO, accounting, financial and corporate secretarial services to public companies and other reporting issuers.
Office Location: Vancouver office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $77,500.00 /year
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- general ledger: 3 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)