Online teachers instruct and educate students from toddlers to preschool aged children using the internet, computers, and online tools. Online teachers provide instruction in specific subjects that are developmentally and age appropriate, based on the previous training and education they have already acquired. This is a remote job offering part time hours, online teachers enjoy some flexibility in their shifts and can exercise some discretion over when they work, though ultimately they report directly to the online supervisor. There is no travel required for this job, as online teachers may instruct students from their own homes or any other location of their choosing as long as they have internet access.
Training and mentoring for online educators is available throughout this process by the Online Supervisor. Opportunities to grow in this position is based on performance level of the online educators and parent responses to the impact they make on their child’s development. With Growth comes more opportunity.
Online Teacher Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily tasks vary for online teachers based on the subject or subjects they teach, the number of students they instruct, and the curriculum requirements they must follow. However, the basic duties for online teachers are generally the same despite these variables:
Design Weekly Online Plans
- Online teachers design weekly online lesson plans based on a program plan template and follow all curriculum requirements provided by Kidz Kare.
- Online teachers will be doing 1 live sessions of 60 min each day (Monday to Friday)
Engage Children During Class
- Online teachers encourage children to participate through open ended questions and interactive activities to support their learning outcomes. Props, differing backgrounds will required as part of engaging children and their parents.
- Understanding of age development plays a big role in understanding how to best engage children in these different developmental ranges.
Provide and Receive Parental Feedback
- Online teachers provide feedback to parents to help track their child’s online progress through online chat sessions and email. On line teachers , with collaboration with online supervisor , can also develop a tool for getting parent feedback about the sessions in order to better meet the needs of the parent and child. One hour per month will be allocated to parent feedback and progress of their child’s development based on online activities and children’s responses and parent feedback.
- Online teachers track children’s attendance to online classes and report absentee students to their immediate supervisor.
Online Teacher Skills and Qualifications:
Online teachers are RECEs and/or ECAs or other individuals who possess child development knowledge and experience in working with young age groups such as toddlers, preschools and kindergarten age who can provide instruction to children, communicate effectively, and successfully operate software and hardware to perform their teaching tasks. Employers look for online teachers who have the following essential skills:
- Leadership – online teachers are strong leaders, able to maintain virtual classroom discipline and successfully guide students through lesson plans
- Motivational skills– online teachers use motivational skills and strategies to encourage students to learn and keep them engaged in their own education
- Communication skills– online teachers have strong verbal and written communication skills to instruct and educate children ,and deliver reports to parents
- Computer skills– because of the internet-based nature of the job, online teachers have excellent computer skills and can work with multiple types of computers ,and software programs
- Analytical skills– online teachers use analytical skills to evaluate children’s ongoing progress
- Online experience and comfort using video technology for teaching purposes preferred
Tools of the Trade:
Online teachers regularly work with these tools:
- Online communication software (Webex or Microsoft Teams)
- Computer hardware accessories (webcams, headsets)
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 5-20 per week
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Teaching: 1 year (preferred)