Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Superintendent, Human Resource Planning and Talent Management is accountable for leading the design and administration of the employee recruitment program to meet the long term skill requirements of Trail operations.
The position manages short and long employment planning requirements, succession planning activities, performance management and engineer’s progression for Trail Operations. The position coordinates and administers the annual salary and bonus plan reviews, and conducts research on compensation issues and oversees the HR information systems (JDEdwards & VIP) with regards to recruitment and resource planning at Trail Operations.
The position administers the unionized employee wage and salary scales and conducts research on compensation issues.The position manages various pension and benefit programs at Trail Operations and oversees the HR information systems (JDEdwards & VIP) for Trail Operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Establish and promote the maintenance and continuous improvement of a Safe and Healthy-working environment through personal commitment to the principles of the Trail Operations Safety and Health Policy and ensure personal compliance with the specific Safety & Health System responsibilities as defined Controlled Document #3843.
- Assist in the administration of collective agreements and the implementation of Company policies to ensure proper interpretation at Trail Operations.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with Union officials to build good working relationships and negotiate Letters of Understanding
- Design, develop, and implement recruiting programs that will enable Trail operations to achieve its objectives; assess the effectiveness of initiatives by developing and implementing employee recruitment and development audit systems to ensure their value to the organization.
- Consult with senior management in the design, development and implementation of long term staff non-union employee development programs that will enable Trail Operations to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Develop programs, policies, procedures and controls regarding employment and analyses employment turnover and other personnel statistics to assist senior management in employment planning.
- Develop programs, and processes to improve diversity
- Manage the succession planning process to identify leadership potential.
- Manage the short and long term employment planning requirements encompassing such areas as attrition, apprenticeship demands, and hourly succession planning
- Administer the engineer’s career development strategies for achieving performance results through regular reviews, coordinate with Human Resources Generalists increases and 431 requirements.
- Contribute to the effective financial controls by preparing the annual section budget and monitors actual costs to ensure compliance with the budget and explaining variances.
- Maintain effective external and internal liaisons in providing management staff job evaluation expertise and benefit, salary and pension information for the organization.
- Ensure a competent, well-motivated staff utilizing Performance Management principles, team concepts, providing training opportunities and evaluating performance.
- Perform all other related duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business Administration with Human Resource or Industrial Relations specialization.
- Achievement of CHRP designation.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively senior level human resource experience preferably in a mining or natural resource environment.
- Thorough knowledge of human resource practices including recruitment, long-term employee development, and compensation & benefit review administration
- In-depth knowledge of applicable HR statutes and regulations, labour code, employment, human rights and privacy jurisprudence.
- Experience with the budgeting process.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Proven and exemplary leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck atwww.teck.comor follow@TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time