With over 200 employees, and 35 years as Toronto’s Leading Day Spa, Elmwood Spa offers services and amenities that create a soothing environment for each guest to relax in and reconnect. Our 34 treatment rooms, 24 manicure-pedicure stations, two restaurants (Terrace Restaurant and Bangkok Garden), Water Therapies™ (Swimming Pool, Whirlpool, Steam Room), Juice Bar and many other unique amenities require a dedicated staff to provide top level service under one roof to EVERY BODY™.
Do you have a passion for the beauty and retail industry? Do you want to be a part of an incredible corporate culture that prides itself on promoting a healthy and fulfilling work/life balance? If so, we invite you to come join our progressive and inspiring team at Elmwood Spa!
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Spa Services, the Registered Massage Therapist (RMT) provides massage and body treatment services to guests in accordance with the standard practices and Code of Ethics of the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
RMT’s work directly in the Spa to enhance and build upon our first class Spa environment that offers relaxation and self-discovery and an overall first class experience for guests. Currently, we are looking for 10 RMT’s.
18 Elm St., Toronto, Ontario M5G 1G7
- Provides guests/clients with a complete treatment adhering to the Company’s standards of consistency and protocol and within the framework of the regulations established by the CMTO.
- Contributes to and strives to achieve our objective of creating and offering a seamless, “magical” experience for every guest by anticipating needs and delivering warm and sincere hospitality.
- Explains benefits of treatment series and encourages return visits as part of ongoing care.
- Ensures that every client has completed a health history and any current health conditions are navigated carefully with the client’s health and safety being paramount.
- Ensures proper documentation of after service notes and that treatment notes are recorded on the health form indicating (at minimum) technique used, length of massage, and whether a receipt was issued.
- Ensures massage rooms and common areas are kept neat, clean and clutter free at all times and all equipment is in safe and working order.
- Actively promotes retail sales through educating, recommending and up-selling products to our guests; working towards a 5% retail to service ratio.
- Participates fully and enthusiastically in the implementation of all new initiatives.
- Helps to educate and provide support to all staff members within the company whenever there is an opportunity.
- Participates in finding viable solutions to any issues or concerns that may present a challenge to the department or business.
- Provides coverage for other RMT’s as and when required.
- Attends and contributes at regularly scheduled Department Meetings.
- Assists with other duties within the Spa as reasonably assigned from time to time.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Registered Massage Therapist license in good standing with the CMTO; or ability to undergo a program in Ontario to obtain a license.
- Proof of valid liability/malpractice insurance or ability to obtain said insurance.
- Previous experience working in a spa setting preferred.
- Aromatherapy Certificate is considered an asset.
- Reflexology Certificate is considered an asset
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule: days, evenings and weekends.
- A positive and polished image at all times as outlined in the competencies and Personal Appearance policy.
- English, both written and verbal (spoken).
$35/hour; plus an additional:
*$2/hour for any hours worked after 5pm;
*$1/hour for Deep Tissue work;
*$5/hour for weekend shifts of 5 hours or longer in duration.
Employee Perks include:
- Graduate Assistance Program (GAP) $1900
- $1500 Signing Bonus (SB)
- Competitive Hourly Rate + Premiums
- Learn new modalities to advance your career and get paid while learning
- Discounts for services, products & meals
- Flexible Shifts
- Retail Sales Commission
- Health benefits (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition reimbursement for FT employees
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Parental leave
- Discounted/free food
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 /year
- Massage Therapist (Required)