Software Programmer - Beachcomber CRM & Portal solutions
Our Humble Beginnings at Beachcomber Hot Tubs:
On a stormy night, 40+ years ago, a dedicated team was working late to make their first Beachcomber that day. Even though their dinners waiting at home were getting cold, they persevered to create what would become a revolution in homes across North America and eventually around the world - a Beachcomber Hot Tub!
Beachcomber Hot Tubs, founded on February 14, 1978, by Keith Scott in Surrey, British Columbia, Canada proudly remains a privately owned family company as we move into our 43rd year of business. A dream to build high quality handcrafted hot tubs started due to lack of quality products in the marketplace and today Beachcomber builds the finest quality products connecting families, friends and loved ones to find time to connect with each other in an increasingly busy world, and to make the world a healthier and happier place. Beachcomber’s best-in-class factory is located just ten miles north of the United States border, on the outskirts of Vancouver, Canada, making for excellent accessibility to North American and Global distribution markets. Like Porsche©, we want to grow together with our Beachcomber staff and customers - all of whom we treat like family. We are proud of what we have built - not just because of our high-quality handcrafted hot tubs, but the family bonds and fellowship that have endured decades.
The Beachcomber Mission:
Beachcomber Hot Tubs strives to maintain a full—time specialized workforce with quality hot tub production and dedicated customer care teams in Toronto (Ontario), Montreal (Quebec), Surrey (British Columbia) and London (United Kingdom). The Beachcomber Hot Tubs brand is available through an Omni—Channel marketplace, including a factory trained international network of distributors and independent dealerships. Beachcomber Experience Centre that test retail experience concepts, Omni-Channel merchants whose values match our own, and a user—friendly online presence that helps us maintain seamless MAP (minimum advertised pricing) pricing across our various platforms.
Proud to be in the Best-In-Class Group of Companies:
Finding the career partner can be tough and finding the right company with the perfect culture and the opportunity is where this role is all about to land in your lap. Beachcomber is a proud west coast Brand and we do not hesitate to brag about our business rubbing shoulders with the likes of Starbucks, Microsoft, Boeing, and Amazon, all of whom are serving the final customer in a huge way powered by digital technology. All of these Companies have one thing in common and that is they offer solutions to people, treat workers well and add a twist of innovation. Beachcomber powered by EMC is a disruptor in the traditional hot tub & spa industry.
Where we were, where we are now and where we are going:
In the beginning, there was water. And while it is to our existence, we have also come to realize it feels pretty good when warm. So good, that the entire hot tub & spa industry emerged to provide everyone the benefits of hot water. The humble beginnings of Beachcomber Hot Tubs in 1978, an industry pioneer building Acrylic hot tubs with integrated unit fitting with skirt and plumbing. Beachcomber LEEP Portable was developed in 1981 and Beachcomber PROTEC (HYBRID4) in 1984.
Over the years through later part of the eighties and early nineties, the hot tub became the symbol of prestige for people to own with its craze followed by an era for the industry where the hot tub was more about relaxation and fun and partying for families in the mid two thousand with Portable hot tub becoming more sophisticated and elaborate. For Beachcomber Hot Tubs, the focus had always been on creating the best-in-class value of the product with hydrotherapy benefits, designs, and features to promote improved health and wellness a Beachcomber hot tub could provide.
Beachcomber today is a Health & Happiness brand operating in a true Omni-Channel marketplace focusing on People, Product, Pricing, Programs, Planning and Beachcomber unique selling positions across the Omni-Channel methods of distribution serving the final Beachcomber customer, the consumer of the product.
About the Role:
Beachcomber Hot Tubs is seeking an experienced, high energy, people-centric and results orientated individual to take the newly created role of Software Programmer - Beachcomber CRM & Portal solutions.
We are a dynamic, exciting, and fast-paced company with big goals in the hot tub industry. Entrepreneurial attitude, superior people management skills, a hunger for sales growth, a keen eye for brand and the desire to go above and beyond to ensure a positive customer experience are key personality traits.
As a Full Stack Developer and member of the Beachcomber Information Technology team, you will work closely with your peers to find new solutions for creating value through automation. You will deploy experimental features across our platform and work on new features that accomplish business milestones. You will also investigate, assess and fix bugs or defects within the Beachcomber software solutions. As a senior member of our team, you'll be a valuable source of mentorship and guidance for other Beachcomber IT, Sales, Finance and Production teams.
The opportunity requires a like-minded professional to bring their expertise and leadership to drive company success alongside the forward-looking direction of the Information Technology department within the organization.
Role & Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop, test and deploy solutions that are compliant to Microsoft Dynamics 2016 and 365 (cloud and on-prem) solutions.
2. Modify/maintain plug-ins, workflows and web services of MS Dynamics 2016 and 365 as needed
3. Configure and customize MS Power BI solutions for reporting purposes
4. DevOps automation (testing and deployment)
5. Research Beachcomber sales problems, find optimal solutions and implement them using best practices
6. Troubleshoot problems reported by the users and fix bugs in a timely manner and conduct quality assurance
Our ideal candidate will have:
1. Proficient with developing, deploying, customizing and integrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM (cloud and on-prem)
2. Demonstrated proficiency in customizing and creating CRM entities.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and implementing business workflows and processes.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in using either the CRM SDK or plugin platforms
5. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft .NET development using C#
6. Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments.
7. Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
8. Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
9. Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
10. Experience with supporting Microsoft products (SQL Server, SharePoint, IIS)
11. Experience working in an agile development team.
Qualifications & Experience:
1. Must have 5+ years of experience working as a Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) Developer
3. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (CRM) 2016 on-prem, and MS Dynamics (CRM) 365 cloud
4. Plug-in development (C#); experience with the Dynamics (CRM) SDK an asset
5. Experience with Portal development preferably PAVLIKS
6. Experience with Microsoft Azure (Function Apps, Web Apps, Service Bus, Logic Apps, etc.)
7. Experience with integration tools (Scribe Insight, Scribe Online) and experience in MS SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) & SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
It would be a bonus, if you:
- Do not wait for things to come to you, you make things happen and get the job done.
- Are extremely goal-oriented and enjoy having some autonomy in how you get there.
- Have a team player attitude but are self-driven.
- Are passionate and knowledgeable health and happiness industry.
- Are driven by high growth sales results and providing a superior customer experience.
What we will provide…
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
- Dedicated mentors willing to spend time to help you grow.
- Fantastic career growth opportunity.
- Amazing office, location, and work environment.
- The opportunity to work in partnership with a growing and inspiring team.
- Opportunity to work out either our Surrey or West Vancouver location.
We thank you for applying for this position and appreciate your interest in Beachcomber Hot Tubs.
Reference ID: Software Programmer - Beachcomber CRM & Portal Solutions
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday