We look at our client’s lives through tax and find ways to help!
H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider and the leader in the tax preparation industry. Each year, H&R Block employs thousands of seasonal and part-time associates nationwide. It is easy to see why so many associates return to H&R Block each year. Some return to earn extra income and others return to grow their career with H&R Block. They are building a future filled with success and doing so at H&R Block, the industry leader.
H&R Block has been focused on quality client service for more than five decades and is the largest tax preparer in the industry. As a key representative of H&R Block, you are responsible for providing operational expertise and partnership to optimize field performance while ensuring outstanding client service. We are looking for someone who takes initiative, is excited to learn, and is willing to take on a leadership role. The role of a District Operations Coordinator is a great opportunity to someone to learn the ins and outs of H&R Block and can lead to further opportunities within the company.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Partner with District Managers to assist in the overall district operations; anticipate and prioritize operation support activities and demonstrate flexibility to meet district needs and ensure issue resolution.
- Recruit, interview, hire and on-board talent.
- Monitor and support office schedules, making adjustments to associate labor and scheduling as needed.
- Coordinate the set up and shut down of all offices/classrooms for the assigned districts.
- Regularly visit offices to ensure GREAT client standards and best practices are consistently being met and executing on closing any gaps.
- Assist with the planning and execution of training and development initiatives.
- Maintain the asset management inventory, process invoice payments and manage petty cash.
- Ensure all compliance requirements are met.
- Assist in corporate training & development initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of experience in retail or similar customer-oriented industry.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, employee relations and coaching skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate workload and adapt to initiatives simultaneously to meet project commitments.
- A strong ability to deliver results that will assist the company in achieving strategic business objectives.
- Ability to work efficiently, productively, and independently with little or no direct supervision.
- Bilingual skills; dependent on the needs of the district.
- Knowledge of H&R Block Tax Office responsibilities is considered an asset.
- Ability to plan workload and adapt to initiatives simultaneously to meet project commitments and deadlines
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel within the district
- Have a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license, insurance, and vehicle registration
- Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must not have any monies owing to CRA, and be up to date on all taxes
- Must not have declared bankruptcy in the last 5 years
Job Type: Full-time