ARC is seeking applications for Addictions Counsellors – 12 Step responsible for the implementation of a full range of counselling services consistent with the philosophy and intent of Aurora Recovery Centre.
- Assess, counsel, and seek consult for personal, family, and work-related problems related to client’s addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Screen/assess for self-harm/risk factors and create safety plans with clients.
- Develop interventions and treatment plans with clients using a client-centered approach.
- Facilitate client psycho-educational groups.
- Monitor client activity, identify treatment needs of clients, and ensure managers and co-workers are aware of same.
- Provide conflict resolution and problem solving for clients.
- Provide support and advocacy for clients.
- Determine need for additional supports post-treatment and identify resources for clients.
- Be available after hours to provide on-call support to clients post-discharge.
- Complete all client file documentation in accordance with ARC policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively with all team members and in the best interest of the clients.
- Attend team meetings, clinical supervision, and staff training as directed.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years of active participation in 12 step programming for addictions either as a person in recovery or affected person (also in recovery).
- Training and demonstrated skill in at least one clinical modality (12 step, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-focused etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the concepts of resistance, engagement, and resilience as these relate to people with addictions and co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Possess an empathic presence balanced by assertiveness and willingness to probe.
- Demonstrated experience with goal setting and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a team member.
- Be committed to supporting the philosophy and intent of ARC.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Must be in good physical and mental health. May encounter aggressive and/or agitated clients/visitors/staff. May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, and physical and emotional stress. May be occasionally required to work extended hours. May be required to work evening and weekend shifts.
This position is subject to successful completion of Criminal Record and Child & Adult Abuse Registry Checks.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to:
Aurora Recovery Centre
P.O. Box 1997
20025 Lakeside Road
Gimli, MB ROC 1BO
ARC is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, however, first preference must be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time