Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for. With over 2,700 health care professionals serving clients in seven Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), Our client-centered, community-based approach provides nursing, rehabilitation, personal support and home support services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
Champlain Rehab Solutions is seeking a part time Bilingual Social Worker in Ottawa (6 visits per week)
- To provide consultation, assessment and planned interventions for Champlain Rehab Solutions clients
- Assesses psychosocial needs of clients and their families to identify factors which may affect the client’s response to illness, need for care and ability to adjust and/or cope with the current situation
- Counsels clients and their family members concerning identified problems which may interfere with their treatment, rehabilitation or care plan.
- Counsels clients and their family members concerning long range planning, including evaluation of the home situation relative to long term care, assists the family to develop an in-home care system, or explores alternatives to in-home care and assists in arranging placement where indicated.
- Provides short-term therapy to clients and family members
- Provides crisis intervention or problem solving associated with high risk indicators endangering clients’ and their dependents’ mental and physical health.
- Attends client related meetings to report on assessment findings and discuss plans for interventions, progress reports and discharge as required.
- Ensures coordinated delivery of care through ongoing communication with all members of the client’s team regarding plans and schedules for interventions.
- Documents all assessment findings, treatment plans, progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency.
- In collaboration with the client, identifies the need for and assists in planning and arranging community resources as required and wanted by the client.
- Ensures that services provided are best practice, evidence based and evaluated through the routine use of valid and reliable outcome measurement.
- Adheres to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- Prepares statistical records of client care and related activities as required by Champlain Rehab Solutions, the Ministry of Health, and other agencies.
- Master of Social Work Degree from a recognized university.
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- At least two (2) year’s clinical experience, preferably in the community, is preferred.
- Specialized courses to support areas of clinical expertise.
- Bilingual in French and English
Please apply online at www.fitzii.com/careers/champlain
Champlain Rehab Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please press the “Need Help” button in the application or contact us in advance.
Thanks to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received, and really look forward hearing from you. We’ll only be contacting those selected for further discussion.