Primary Addiction Counsellor/Therapist
The Primary Addiction Counsellor / Therapist is responsible for providing quality, confidential, and ethical addiction counselling, education and support to individuals, families and the community. To ensure this care is consistent with agency standards and evidence-based approaches to addiction treatment, The Primary Counsellor / Therapist will report directly to the Clinical Director (CD).
What We Offer:
- A competitive wage that is commensurate on your skills, experience, education, training, and college registration (if applicable).
- A positive working atmosphere where we understand that client care and treatment is achieved through our own organizational culture and well-being.
- An opportunity to work with the latest evidence-based therapy for addiction and mental health.
- A holistic approach to addiction treatment that functions only with the multidisciplinary team that you will have a chance to be a part of.
- A place where character matters and each individual is respected.
What We’re Looking For:
- A highly motivated individual with a passion for purposefully working to see people heal in addictions recovery.
- Someone whose character parallels their drive to help, learn, teach, and counsel.
- A person with at least 3 years of experience in addiction and mental health.
- A university graduate holding at least a BA in a social sciences discipline with a college certificate, diploma, or training in addiction and mental health. An MA, MSc, MSW etc. would be an asset.
- An individual with a recognized college psychotherapy registration would be preferred.
Where We Live, Work, and Play:
- Our facility is located on the outskirts of Peterborough, just north of the Greater Toronto Area. We are part of the Kawarthas, just minutes from lake lands as well as the greater urban amenities. Our community is home to the Trent Severn Waterway, Fleming College, Trent University, museums, parks, and theatre guilds. The arts, higher learning, nature, and the conveniences of daily living abound. If you’re already a resident, our facility is only minutes away, and if you’re not, we would welcome you!
Canadian Health Recovery Centre encourages all applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you in advance and look forward to a potential career with you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $35.00 /hour
- addiction and mental health: 5 years (Required)
- Master's Degree (Preferred)
- registration with regulatory college (Required)