Agfa HealthCare, is a division of the Agfa-Gevaert Group which is headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium and traded on Euronext Brussels (AGFB).
At Agfa HealthCare, we support healthcare professionals across the globe to transform the delivery of care. Our focus is 100% on providing best-of-suite Imaging IT software solutions that enable secure, effective and sustainable imaging data management.
From product development to implementation, our unified Enterprise Imaging Platform is purpose-built to reduce complexity, improve productivity and deliver clinical value. We use our proven track record as an innovator, our in-depth medical knowledge and our strategic guidance to help healthcare providers achieve their clinical, operational and business strategies.
As a key member of the Product Management team, you will be involved in the development and delivery of a product suite that enables healthcare providers to consolidate and integrate health records for millions of patients across regions and nations. Using the latest technologies, you will interact directly with R&D and customer project implementation teams, ensuring successful design and specification of the overall solution. You will also be involved in knowledge transfer. You embrace new technologies, are eager to learn, and are motivated knowing that what you are doing will save and improve lives.
For our Enterprise Imaging solution suite, we are currently seeking a Product Owner - Enterprise Imaging - Infrastructure and Core Services, to join our team in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (Hybrid environment).
- The Product Owner provides product/domain leadership to a one or more multi-functional scrum teams responsible for definition, development, delivery, serviceability, and lifecycle of hardware and software products used in Agfa Products.
- The Product Owner is a highly motivated individual charged with implementing the vision of Enterprise Imaging solutions in order to improve patient care, maximize business value, and improving end-user experience. The Product Owner provides informal leadership to a team of architects, developers, testers, technical writers, and system design and validation staff to deliver safe & effective healthcare IT products. They can articulate the current capabilities of the product and determine the future direction of development. They are conscious of the costs to build, deploy and maintain their product; continually striving to ensure marketability and profitability.
- Ability / willigness to occasionally travel world-wide, including overnight travel up to a maximum of 20% of the time, as appropriate.
- Define requirements for product success to the Scrum Team for design & implementation
- As part of a SAFe ART team, performs Feature Grooming, Defect and TechDebt prioritization and contribute to multi-ART Product Increment planning.
- In close cooperation and under the guidance of Solution Management, continuously evaluate market needs against product(s)/component(s) capabilities to develop product vision and roadmap
- Assess proposed engineering solutions effectiveness in meeting those market needs
- Participate in multi-product solution composition/decomposition, providing product(s)/component(s) to realize customer value from the solution.
- Prioritize the work to be done according the value for the business
- Just in time breakdown of wishes to achieve value for the business
- Define problem statements to achieve value (features, stories) for the business
- Visualize the work to be done in a Product Backlog to provide functional transparency
- Visualize the team(s) mid to long term planning according Product Backlog and team(s) capacity and act upon changes and challenges
- Accept or reject work done by the team according to agreements made in definition of done, including evaluation and determination of acceptance criteria
- Transfer product knowledge to regional sales teams; provide responses to product feature/function queries
- Participate in pre-sales (Marketing) and after sales (Service) activities to ensure product properly sold and is performing well in the solution
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstration of personal assets and characteristics including:
- Self-motivated individual with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer oriented, including the demonstrated ability to work constructively with both internal and external client groups
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to network in a global environment, and build relationships with geographically remote personnel
- Proven time management, organization and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications and Atlassian JIRA & Confluence or other requirement management tools are an asset.
- Ability to create value for the business by feature (requirement) development prioritization and manage accordingly.
- Key relationship with the Development team, Scrum Master, Solution Management, Program Management, SAFe Agile site coach & other Product Owners.
Education & Experience:
- University or college education in computer or healthcare-related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior software product management experience is required; this includes writing and managing of requirements and use cases, project scope and change management, roadmap definition
- Candidates with knowledge of Medical Imaging software, specifically with knowledge of Enterprise Imaging Solutions, Vendor Neutral Archiving (VNA), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), PACS, DICOM and HL7 are highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with B2B Software solutions as well as large enterprise IT systems is an asset
- Pragmatic Marketing, SAFe, or similar Product Owner training is an asset
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of this experience, we'll take you there!
Agfa Inc. is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 (AODA) and all of its standards in order to create a barrier-free Ontario. We will provide necessary accommodation during the recruitment and selection process to all applicants. If you require accommodation as part of the employment application process, please contact [email protected].
At Agfa HealthCare, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes diversity of Age, Gender, Gender Identity or expression, Race, Sexual Orientation, Physical Ability, Ethnicity, or any other aspect that makes someone unique. The differences among us are our strengths. We are committed to promoting a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace that fully represents the different cultures, viewpoints and backgrounds of our global organization and the world we live in.
Learn more about Agfa HealthCare and follow us on Instagram.