Sales Associate Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Become familiar with products, brands and prices and make recommendations of products, including their features and benefits, to suit customers needs. Maximize sales and customer satisfaction by adding items to the close of the sale.
- Buy used product, reinforcing the customers purchases and sales to the store. Invite customers to return to the store with their used gear for product trade or to sell.
- Price and ticket items appropriately based on pricing/buying guidelines. Restock store following merchandising plan. Maintain store displays and follow store housekeeping and maintenance standards and procedures.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Acts in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner toward customers and co-workers at all times.
- Exerts high degree of energy and drive to meet customer demands.
- Performs effectively and safely in an environment where there is constant change and minimal direct supervision.
- Capable of making quick and appropriate decisions.
- Takes action to meet customer needs.
- Can anticipate bottlenecks in service and acts to resolve them.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to communicate viewpoints and concerns to fellow employees and managers in a constructive manner.
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $14.25 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Masks required for all customers and staff, social distancing measures in effect, capacity limits enforced, regular sanitizing and disinfecting of all high touch traffic areas, Covid-19 plan in place.
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- fashion retail sales: 1 year (preferred)