Harrison Hot Springs Resort is currently recruiting for the position of Journeyman Cook.
About our company:
Harrison Hot Springs and the Eastern Fraser Valley is a beautiful place to live, work and play. We would love to have you join our amazing team and share the high quality of life that we have come to enjoy.
At Harrison Hot Springs Resort, our guests discover a location unlike any other destination in the world. We know the care and customer service we offer our guests leads to special experiences for them. We endeavour to exceed guest expectations and deliver outstanding products and hospitality services. Even though we welcome thousands of guests each year, we will focus on individuals and what we can do to make them feel like they are at home.
Overlooking Harrison Lake, the Harrison Hot Springs Resort offers the following amenities: five mineral hot springs pools, the Healing Springs Spa, three restaurants and a coffee bar, extensive banquet and catering options, Resort Golf Course and Resort Marina.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures compliance with all corporate policies and procedures to ensure guest satisfaction
- Able to lead by example ensuring compliance with standards, rules, and regulations
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality, attractively presented food to our guests
- Able to attend to work reliably
- Able to work safely and securely in a manner that protects the integrity and safety of the guest, associates and hotel
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 2 years of comprehensive experience in a busy kitchen required
- Journeyman papers required
- Trade qualifications with inter-provincial certification (Red Seal) required
- Food Safe Level 1 required
- WHMIS preferred
- Proven ability to delegate and supervise
- Proven ability to read and interpret documents such as menus, production schedules, reports, and procedure manuals.
- Proven ability to calculate percentages, weights, amounts of food required
- Proven commitment to high standards and quality
- Maintains good sanitation and cleaning habits throughout the day
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Proven experience as a team leader
- Proven ability to multi-task and give direction well required
- Ability to communicate in fluent English with different cultures
- Being multi-lingual is an asset, preferably Mandarin.
- Proven Safe Work and reliable attendance record required
- Proven superior organizational skills required
- Inventory control experience required
- Flexible to a changing schedule
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.27 to $21.69 /hour
- cooking: 2 years (Required)
- Journeyman (Required)
- FoodSafe Level 1 (Required)
- Red Seal (Required)