Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you passionate about building an engaging environment that supports and challenges others to achieve their goals? We have the position for you! We currently have casual opportunities for a Registered Nurse in our Colon Screening Program located at the following facilities:
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre
- Eagle Ridge Hospital
- Peace Arch Hospital
- Royal Columbian Hospital
- Surrey Memorial Hospital
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have positive and compassionate work environments where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our fast-growing team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth.
THIS POSITION OFFERS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
TO BE THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE, YOU WILL HAVE:
- Coordinate services for participants/patients within the Colon Screening Program (CSP) by performing pre and post colonoscopy assessments
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team in the development of care plans
- Support and educate participants/patients and their families
- Participate in the ongoing development and evaluation of the CSP
- Provide quality and consistent care in an efficient and integrated model
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (BCNM)
- Recent 2 years related experience working with patients undergoing diagnostic or surgical procedures for diagnosis or treatment for colon cancer screening
- Valid BC Driver's Licence and access to a personal vehicle
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are experts in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Come and join our dedicated team in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
When applying to this posting, please specify which site you are interested in.