Baymag Inc. is North America’s leading producer and supplier of Magnesium Oxide. We are looking for a Senior Automation Specialist for our Exshaw Plant to execute and lead automation strategy deployment at our plant in accordance with business needs utilizing best practice standards and a collaborative approach.
The successful candidate will be involved in PLC programming, HMI programming, plant network architecture design/troubleshooting, control system design/upgrades and the deployment of automated process tools needed to ensure manufacturing systems function within tolerances and specifications to meet our customers needs.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide troubleshooting expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation in support of the plant.
- Complete conceptual design of the control system architecture including specifications of the hardware and software to be used in the system.
- Complete the electrical and instrumentation design to reliably communicate information between measurement and control element devices and control equipment.
- Integrate hardware and software into plant systems to increase efficiency and reliability through enhanced automation and control.
- Provide programming and configuration expertise.
- Confers with Production departments to ensure their needs are met and coordinates with outside Contractors working within plant site(s).
- Lead capital improvement projects regarding all network/camera systems and any further digitization initiatives, as required.
- Ensures assigned projects are completed in a timely fashion and within budget limits.
- Management of troubleshooting tools and documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a two (2) year diploma in an appropriate Engineering Technologist program.
- Must be eligible to be recognized as a Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.).
- PLC-HMI Certificate.
- Solid Knowledge of pyro-process manufacturing and relevant equipment.
- 7-10 years’ experience in an industrial/manufacturing facility.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills with an ability to multitask.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care