Founded in 2012, Surex is Canada’s fastest growing online Insurance Marketplace™. Surex's growth has been awarded by the Fintech Business of the Year Awards, Canadian Business' Growth 500 3 years in a row, and the Globe & Mail's Top Growing Companies as a leading Canadian insurtech company in the insurance brokerage space. Recently we were acknowledged for "Top Insurance Workplace" from Insurance Business Canada and 50 Top Workplaces by Silicon Review in 2019 & 2020. And we are just getting started!
At Surex, our mission is to give security, transparency, and comfort to Canadians. Currently we have 75,000+ policy holders across 9 Provinces and Territories. We are investing in increasing our capacity to scale and have coals of reaching 500,000+ customers.
We are a people first company that strives to create the best experience for our employees by creating an inclusive, collaborative, challenging environment to learn and problem solve on a daily basis.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven Account Manager to join our
rapidly growing Ontario distribution team.
About the role:
Reporting to the Manager- Distribution (East), the Account Manager will be allocated a book of business and be the main point of contact to assess client’s insurance needs. This position is both a mix of sales and service, with a core focus of retaining the book of business being allocated.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Assess clients’ needs and provide accurate insurance advice to cater to client’s satisfaction
- Provide solutions to clients changing insurance needs while adhering to underwriting criteria set by our insurance partners
- Actively pursue client referrals from the book of business being allocated
- Answer inbound calls and respond to online inquiries
- Provide quotations, and routine follow-up with leads to bind new business (home, auto, small business)
- Prompt response time when modifying, and adding further coverage to clients existing policies
- Provide claims counselling or advice within the carrier guidelines
- Maintain a working knowledge of Surex carrier portals, broker management systems, and policy management systems
- Participate in ongoing sales and service training programs
What we offer:
- Must be RIBO Level 1 or 2 Licensed
- 1-3 years of broker experience or equivalent
- Proficient with Powerbroker
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and duties simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with friendly demeanor
- Independently motivated, with the ability to take on tasks and duties without immediate direction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced computer skills – good working knowledge of Google suite considered an asset
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20% commission on new business sold
- Paid vacation
- Paid flex days
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- Ability to work from home
- Secure future in the digital space
- Ongoing training and development programs
Surex is dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination on any basis including race, color, creed, religion, national/ethnic origin, sex, age, family status, or sexual orientation. We are committed to improving access and opportunities for all individuals, including those with disabilities by identifying and removing barriers that may prevent, inhibit, or restrict their access to employment opportunities. If you require accommodation at any stage of our recruitment and selection process, please contact us at 1-855-242-6612.
Please note that all applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and consent to a criminal background check.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about Surex.com, please visit our website at www.surex.com.