Busy Lower Mainland Mortgage Brokerage Looking For F/T Mortgage Underwriter
Work from home position
Start Posting: 2019-05-15
We are a high volume, Lower mainland-based mortgage brokerage, seeking a licensed mortgage underwriter to join our busy Underwriting Centre. Position is full-time Monday-Friday 9-5. An ideal candidate would have a minimum of 7-10 years in the mortgage industry, ideally on both the lender and broker side. Must have Underwriting experience either for a lender or broker.
Salary starting at $60,000. Salary will be based on experience
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. You will be actively communicating with clients, lenders, realtors, appraisers, lawyers and other industry professionals and partners.
- Ability to assess credit and know which lending product to use in each situation to best meet the client's needs is a bonus.
- Highly proficient on email, MS Office, Filogix and Velocity(would be a bonus).
- Must thrive in fast-paced environments and have stress management skills.
- Great time management skills, attention to detail and prioritization of tasks.
- Independent thinking skills, and the ability to solve problems and make independent decisions under normal circumstances.
- A high level of integrity and professionalism.
- A High level of underwriting and product knowledge
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Responsible for overall administration and underwriting of deals. Start to finish
- Prepare compliance documents and client information packages with the necessary information.
- Maintain files and check that they are fully compliant, organized and orderly, and contain all necessary documentation.
- Communicate and liaise between all parties involved in the completion of each mortgage transaction.
- Minimum 7- 10 years experience.
- Must be a licensed broker with FICOM in British Columbia or with RECA in Alberta
Only candidates that meet the above qualifications will be contacted.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and references to contact.
Job Type: Full-time
- Underwriting: 7 years (Preferred)