Reporting to the Operations Manager, the HVAC Technician / Building Operator is responsible for overseeing and maintaining the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems on the property. The HVAC Technician will serve as a Building Operator, specializing in HVAC work. This role combines HVAC Technician expertise with administrative and technical support, focusing on maintenance functions within the designated facilities as part of the Engineering team. The building portfolio is a Class A property. High quality standards and attention to detail are a must in this role to maintain top level performance of this first class facility.
- Manage state of the art building systems such as curtain wall, LED lighting control, heat recovery systems, and LEED Platinum system requirements;
- Embrace, train, and operate new systems and technologies utilized in the operation of our facilities;
- Help to maximize predictive / preventative maintenance activities that will decrease the need for emergency and corrective maintenance;
- Work to increase the reliability and appearance of buildings and their associated systems;
- Valid 313A Refrigeration & AC Systems Mechanic Certification or actively pursuing it.
- Valid Gas Certification
- Candidates with the mentioned Licenses/Certifications will be considered, even if they lack prior facilities maintenance experience, as comprehensive training will be provided.
- Flexibility in schedule, weekend and evening availability required.
- Knowledge of or certification in building systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and lighting.
- Interpersonal skills to be able to effectively communicate with tenants, contractors, staff, and guests with professionalism and comfort.
- Ability to navigate Microsoft suite including email.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $36.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person