- The Service Advisor is typically the first person to greet the customer who requires service. They must be able to listen to the customers concerns, be sympathetic to their needs and offer the necessary services to meet the customer’s needs. The primary responsibility of the service writer is to act as the liaison between the customer and the technician.
Please note; Sicard RV is located in Smithville, ON. 15 minutes outside of Hamilton, Beamsville and Grimsby.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and confer with all service customers – be the service department’s primary line of communication with customers.
- Must be able to diagnose problems based on what the customer initially tells them and by asking the right questions.
- Schedule service and repair appointments.
- Inform customers of additional recommended or required services.
- Create and input work orders into internal computer software.
- Perform estimates for time and parts required for warranty or repair services.
- Communicate issues with technicians
- Forward service work to the Tech Supervisor.
- Complete work order once service is complete including; customer signatures and payments
- Collect payment for completed work, explain the service completed to the customer and ensure customer satisfaction
- Follow all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety rules and participate in all company and off-site training as required
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Superior customer service and communication skills, both in person and on the telephone, are essential to success in this position and in enhancing the customer experience.
- Aptitude for building and maintaining interpersonal relations, both with customers and coworkers, ability to listen carefully and give precise instructions.
- Ability to plan, organize, work in a busy environment and follow-up on daily tasks.
- Can resolve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour