Job Posting: EXTERNAL POSTING
Circulation Assistant: (Part-Time)
Job #2020-001 Posting Date: January 13, 2020
The New Tecumseth Public Library is now seeking a people-oriented individual to work in all three Branches (Alliston, Tottenham and Beeton) as a Part-Time Circulation Assistant. The successful applicant will be required to work with a very high degree of accuracy, exercise tact and independent judgment in accordance with library policy and must possess demonstrated respect and appreciation for patrons of all ages. It is anticipated that there will be opportunities for additional hours available from time to time, and that the applicant should be available to work at all three branches and have transportation to the same.
· Secondary School Graduation or higher
· At least 1 year of work experience
· Good communication skills and public relations skills
· Above average computer skills are essential
· Excellent customer service skills
· Under supervision, may be responsible for the operation of the Circulation Desk.
· Performs automated check in/check out of library materials.
· Handles money at the Circulation Desk including fines, photocopying and sale of materials.
· May be required to telephone reserve requests and repair library materials.
· May assist with preparation of lotted materials and with special projects or children’s programs.
· Shelves library materials and does shelf reading.
· Reader’s Advisory under the direction of senior staff.
· Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Wage Rate: $ 18.46 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Hours of Work: Up to an average of 20 hours per week. Hours and location are subject to change at any time.
Base Location: Alliston Memorial Branch
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format no later than 4:30PM on Monday 27 January 2020. Please quote Job Posting #2020-001 in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The New Tecumseth Public Library is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise the recruiter if you require accommodation.
Reference ID: 2020-001
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)