MD Precision is currently searching for an Assembly Technician to join our team.
MD is a Canadian based manufacturer of Health sciences related devices founded in 2002.
The Assembly Technician is required to use a variety of hand and power tools while applying technical skills during the assembly of electro mechanical products. They are also required to display a high quality of workmanship while following established procedures during the manufacturing of these products.
- Provide high quality workmanship in the assembly of electro mechanical products.
- Read and work from established procedures and engineering drawings, schematics or blueprints
- Complete checklists during the assembly process to ensure quality and completeness.
- Bolt, screw and fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment.
- Work effectively in a team with other technicians to achieve production and quality goals.
- Responsible for reporting problems or issues to Quality and Engineering departments in a professional manner.
- Maintenance duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a high degree of housekeeping and organization.
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school and/or post-secondary education in mechanics, hydraulics and/or electrical or certification in related studies.
- 1-5 years in related work experience in manufacturing and/or a production environment.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods and tools required in various assembly processes
- Computer skills are an asset.
- A team player who is able to perform independently to complete daily activities according to a work schedule.
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Mechanical and tooling background
- Demonstrated focus on the work provided, able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated initiative and a willingness to get involved, train others and support the team
We are currently seeking Assembly Technicians for our day shift (7:30am-4:00pm), overtime may be required at the start or end of shift depending on production requirements.
1-5 years of related work experience. Machine assembly, millwright or auto mechanic experience is an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)