Bright Minds Daycare is a newly opened daycare looking to hire an amazing staff member to join our staff team. We are a play based program that follows an emergent curriculum based on the needs and interests of the children.
We currently have a part time daycare teacher position available but that could move to full time in the future. Must be available between 6:30am to 6:00pm. We are looking for someone who is dedicated, energetic, dynamic, and crafty, but most of all LOVES working with children.
- MUST have completed level 2 or 3 child care certification.
- 1+ year experience working in a teaching environment
- Must have current First-Aid/CPR Certificate
- Must have current criminal record check (or willing to obtain)
- Have a strong understanding of child development and behaviour
- Excellent communication skills
- Be very organized
- Have good computer skills
- Have strong leadership & problem-solving skills and a strong ability to multi-task
- Must look & present self in a professional manner
The following is a job description, please note that it is not restricted to this list and duties may be added as we need. Primary Role: To KEEP CHILDREN SAFE
- Ensuring you are adhering to the regulations of the Child Care Licencing Act at all times
- Creating lesson plans based on the children's interests
- Preparation and implementation for weekly planning/curriculum
- Greeting and assisting parents
- Maintaining records in accordance to the Child Care Licensing Act
- Communicating and interacting positively with parents, coworkers, the children.
- Communicating any concerns or issues to DIRECTOR immediately
- Support all Children with their emotional, physical and behavioral needs daily
- Cleaning of facility throughout workday
- Cleaning of facility at the end of shift
- Set up and take-down of equipment/themes as required
If you are interested in a position and feel that you meet the qualifications, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.25 per hour
- childcare: 1 year (Required)
- level 2 or 3 (Required)
- Child Care First Aid (Required)