Are you an experienced educator with an interest in First Nations education? Do you have a knack for storytelling and an understanding of how to design digital lessons? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We are looking to add new members to our team of Education Content Creators. In this role, you will be creating engaging lessons – a mix of videos, handouts and slides – for our online platform. We’re looking for educators who are passionate about decolonizing education and who love to bring topics to life through telling compelling digital stories.
What you will do:
You willuse your teaching experience and subject matter expertise to research topics, develop content outlines, and write age-appropriate scripts that include visual cues for our production team. You will be open to script feedback and edits, and develop innovative ways to engage students in an online learning setting.
- A Bachelor of Education
- 2+ years of teaching or facilitating experience
- Subject matter expertise and experience teaching one or more of the following areas: English Language Arts, math, science, social studies and/or cultural studies for Grades 6-12
- Experience working on a First Nations reserve or with Indigenous groups
- Understanding of Indigenous ways of teaching and learning
- Experience designing online lessons and/or developing curriculum
- Excellent English writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Ability to think quickly and creatively, with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, autonomously and without supervision
- Ability to create large volumes of content, while maintaining quality
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of or ability to speak an Indigenous language (Ojibwe, Cree, Mohawk, Mi’kmaq)
- Higher degree (masters or PhD) in education or relevant field
This is contracted work that is seasonal or part-time (up to 30 hours per week during peak times) based on our needs. Paid training can take place at our office in Montreal or remotely, and ongoing work can be a mix of in-office and remote.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Casual
- teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)