The Jansen Group is an award winning leader in residential and commercial landscaping and property maintenance, offering services including backyard design and construction, firewood, water features, snow removal and much more. Our pursuit of excellence is built with inspired design, passion for creativity, and meticulous craftsmanship. Our ultimate goal is to deliver a seamless process leaving customers stress-free with a jaw-dropping experience. Coming into a busy spring and summer season where we have a number of projects already booked, as well as ongoing long-term contracts, we are looking for at least one individual with great attention to detail and passion for creating breathtaking outdoor living with landscapes and hardscapes.
- Can you read, understand, and execute blueprints/ landscape project designs?
- Are you punctual and work efficiently?
- Do you practice clear and concise communication with the ability to interpret and relay instructions to and from all stakeholders including managers, clients and crew members?
- Do you want to grow and develop over time, within a full-time year-round position?
- Are you a positive person that sees solutions vs. problems?
- Do you have a passion for outdoor living and prefer working outdoors?
As important members of our team, Landscape Foremen, are responsible for facilitating all needs of project completion. You will wear many hats including project management, material gathering/ordering, equipment operation, customer service, as well as pitching in with your hands. Your rapport with all team members, clients and vendors, will help us complete outstanding outdoor projects effectively and efficiently.
Tasks include but are not limited to: reading landscape plans, planting trees or shrubs, laying patios, building retaining walls, building water features, wood working, leveling and raking dirt and rocks, driving with trailers, operating heavy equipment, and laying sod.
If this sounds like you, your passion for creating beauty outdoors has found a home.
What You Bring:
- Ideally, you have or are in the process of completing a landscape or horticultural trade certificate, but that’s not a sticking point for us as long as you have previous residential landscape and/or foreman experience.
- Confidence to work safely and effectively with both your brain, and your hands.
- Enthusiasm, passion, creativity, and professionalism with a willingness to learn new skills and new ideas.
- Ability to multi-task; stay organized, prioritize, and manage your time effectively.
- Ability to work independently, and contribute leadership in a team environment.
- Excellent, clear and professional English communication skills.
- Ability to use math and mathematical concepts for a variety of purposes including: estimating material and understanding blue prints
- Ability to lift 50 lbs correctly and safely on a regular basis.
- Interpersonal skills to understand what it means to work well with others and have fun at work; and be proud of what you and your team accomplishes, and yet understand it is not a social club.
- A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s licence with a clear driving record.
What You can expect from Jansen Group:
- Competitive compensation consisting of base wage, bankable hours, seasonal bonus potential, and health benefits
- Year round work within the Greater Edmonton Region
- Opportunity to grow and develop your skills and career
Join us today!!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $27.00 - $34.00 per hour
- Company Car
- Dental Care
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
- Landscape Foreman: 1 year (Required)
- Landscaping: 3 years (Required)