As the CAD Technician, you are responsible for providing exceptional client care while providing clients with materials lists and shop drawings.
What You Will Do:
- Produce materials lists & shop drawings from PDF, DWG & RVT construction documents.
- Produce install manual drawings, technical library drawings and other client related drawings in PDF, CAD & RVT
- Handle administrative duties (e.g. updating digital files, answer phone calls etc.)
- Coordinate with designers, technicians & other personnel to incorporate concepts & information into presentation packages
- Review drawings with construction teams and engineers & provide adjustments as necessary interpret technical specifications
- Aid in increasing & maintaining quality assurance processes.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintain a high standard of product knowledge
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience working with AutoCAD.
- Expertise in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, and various other construction documentation
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Revit experience a plus
- Building envelope knowledge a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Organized: Independently prioritize assignments and successfully implement projects on time
- Technical Expert: Able to communicate and implement technical guidance
- Positive Force: Bring a can-do attitude to all assigned projects
- Goal-Oriented: Determine basic operating policies, devising ways of reaching program objectives, meeting any conditions affecting project progress
- Collaborative: Able to work well both independently and collaborate with a team
- Up to 4% RRSP Matching
- Profit Sharing
- EI Top Up Plan
- Health Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Long-term Disability Benefits
- On Site Gym Facility
- Catastrophic Insurance
- Employee Family Assistance Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Previous experience is required, but we are open to individuals with previous transferable skills such as: drafter, autocad, drafting, autocad technician, drafting technician, cad designer, draftsperson, draftperson.
Working at Longboard is fun, rewarding, fulfilling, and challenging. Our team is Innovative, Passionate and Dedicated to bringing the best products to the market and to provide Radical Client Care, Relentless Executional Improvement and Revolutionary Product.