Responsible for finished product movement throughout the plant, and will support the production flow of tooling in and out of the presses. This position is responsible for moving material in bins, etc. throughout the plant.
· Ensure that press operators have sufficient raw material.
· Staging dies for next the next job going into the presses.
· Ensure that finished WIP is moved out of the press area in a timely manner.
· Ensure that production fall-off scrap is dumped in the proper containers – separating the steel.
· Move completed bins to the inspection areas and an empty bin to press area.
· Other tasks as assigned by Supervisors.
· Attention to detail is a must in this position.
· Experience operating overhead crane would be an asset
· Must be reliable and have excellent punctuality
REPORTS TO: Night Shift Supervisor
Night Shift: 3:00 pm to 1:30 am: Mon – Thurs.
MetriCan will provide reasonable workplace accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
No Agencies calls please.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- forklift operator: 3 years (Preferred)
- forkilfting: 3 years (Preferred)
- Certified Forklift Operator (Preferred)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- Keep production lines supplied with empty containers and packaging materials as needed
- Spot tractor trailers
- Rotate floor stock
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Use warehouse management software
- Receive/process shipments
- Perform proper forklift inspection, minor servicing and repairs as necessary