Job title: Policy Administrator and Research Analyst
Work Location: Port Hardy
Company/Department: K’awat’si Consulting and Management Services
Reports to: Manager
Purpose: To be responsible for the research and analysis of information, consulting with stakeholders, officials and internal staff, the development of options and preparation of recommendations on a wide range of policy projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the development and management of a policy framework for the effective development and maintenance of an integrated system.
- Identifies policy issues, and conducts research, consultations, and analysis
- Prepares options and recommendations.
- Receives approval from the appropriate levels and implements approved options.
- Coordinates work with senior management and provides research and analysis for guidelines that support policies.
- Writes decision documents for approval.
- Prepares and coordinates briefing material, reports, speaking notes and correspondence on current issues.
- Responsible for developing and implementing work plans, identifying, and defining key initiatives and outcomes, conducting research, writing policy papers, and making recommendations for consideration.
- Interprets, applies, updates and provides advice on existing policies and guidelines for staff, executive, and other departments.
- Prepare policy directions and strategies for K’awat’si Consulting and Management Services to implement in response to these initiatives.
- Work with the Manager to develop a strategic relation with partners and advocacy strategy.
- Coordinate the development of clear and strategic policy messages for K’awat’si Consulting and Management Services management and staff.
- Collaborate with other companies within the KEDC umbrella to gather knowledge and share information on relevant issues.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
· Minumum 5 Years of related experience perferred OR Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Social Sciences, or other related field plus 2 years related work experience
· Broad knowledge of policy process.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills for preparing and presenting information.
· High level of capability in the areas of analytical, research and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively with internal staff and affiliated organizations.
· Strong organizational, project, and program management skills; ability to work on a wide
range of issues simultaneously.
· Competence in computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and
· Ability to anticipate and plan for the requirements of a particular task, execute the task in a timely manner.
· Proficient with web and literature searches, synthesizing data and analysis.
· Can work independently and in a team environment.
· Innovative thinker.
· Analytical capabilities with ability to quickly implement actions to maximize results.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
If interested, please apply with a cover letter and a resume to hr@kedc. ca
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Willing to relocate to Port Hardy, B.C?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Similar: 5 years (preferred)