The Metcalfe Hotel delivers in Ottawa an understated luxury to world travelers by showcasing our rich building history and connecting to the current culture, community, and people that make Ottawa a lively 21st century capital city. Newly fully renovated and now part of the Gray Collection, our hotel is now entering a new era!
Title: Night Auditor- Full Time and Part-Time
Department: Guest Services
Reporting To: Guest Services Manager
- Welcome, check-in/out room reservations and settle accounts while providing warm and authentic service.
- Take the initiative to add a personalized experience.
- Proudly promote the hotel facilities, looking for opportunities to enhance a guest’s stay.
- Assist with booking individual reservations.
- Respond to emails and other various administrative tasks.
- Maintain accurate records of daily transactions, ensuring accounts balance prior to closing the business day, and investigating/correcting variances if needed.
- Handle guest requests promptly and professionally.
- Cash handling, which includes balancing a float.
- Take point on any emergencies while on shift.
- Maintain an excellent working rapport with all departments in the hotel and act as a liaison on behalf of our guests.
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment
- Perform any other tasks which are assigned by management.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive manual and automatic vehicles
- Must be available to work overnight shifts, weeknights and/or weekends.
- Computer literacy is essential, with Opera/Opera Cloud experience an asset
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, and act as a leader
- Effective communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and possess strong time management skills
- Post-secondary education in Hotel Management/Hospitality or equivalent experience is a strong asset
- Bilingualism is a strong asset: English-French oral and written (a third language is an asset)
- Group insurance plan
- Group RRSP
- 50% employee discount in all our establishments for the employee and 3 guests
- Corporate culture that promotes employee appreciation
- Employee recognition events
- Company in full growth (perspective of evolution and personal development).
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: From $24.14 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Hotel & Accommodations Guest Services Staff: 1 year (preferred)
- English and French (preferred)
- Driver's license (required)
Work Location: In person