The Senior Financial Reporting Analyst prepares/reviews quarterly external financial reports including financial statement note disclosures and prepares monthly Balance Sheet variance analysis. This person will also be an IFRS 16 expert both in terms of the store and equipment leases, calculating accounting impacts of new leases signed/terminated and ensuring that accounting adjustments are correctly reflected in the GL.
30% Quarterly external financial reports including financial statement note disclosures and MD&A accuracy checks and other related financial reports produced by RCL
15% Reporting related to bank requirements / Balance sheet variance analysis and other adhoc analysis
45% IFRS 16 calculations, accounting impacts and quarterly reporting
10% Other Accounting tasks such has review of journal entries, reconciliations and other accuracy checks
Requirements :Desired qualities & needed skills:
- CPA title required
- Detailed oriented
- Strong financial analysis skills required
3 to 4 years
Masters Degree (CPA TITLE)
Mastery of theories and principles in a complex field. Familiarity with experimental and research techniques in a specialized field or the diverse, cumulative equivalent via wide experience or special training
Decision making/Impact of decisions:
- Reviewing a lease contract and determining the correct accounting treatment based on situation at hand and IFRS 16 guidelines. Wrong decision could lead to significant errors in the externally reported financial information.
- Reviewing/preparing financial statements, MD&A and other external reporting produced by RCL. Wrong external financial information presented by the company could lead to lead to significant issues with regulatory agencies.
- Consequences of decisions and actions are very important; very high responsibility level
- Reading a lease contract, need to decide how to treat the accounting impact, interpretations of the IFRS 16 guidelines might be required; recognizing that we need 3rd party input (auditors) is also key for unusual circumstances.
- Reconciliation/review of various GL accounts, recognizing when issues need to be investigated. Figuring out discrepancies, investigating, reaching out to various internal parties to resolve discrepancies.
- In preparing note disclosures, need to decide what is material to present, draft new disclosures when circumstances of RCL changes or new norms are adopted.
Explain a situation, give advice. Requires an approach centered on empathy and the ability to summarize and vulgarize information.
- Works closely with up to 50 staff, this role is called upon as the leader to be trusted and effective in delicate personal issues
- People Soft Finance
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.