Starting salary at $19.76 per hour, $23.52 after your first year. Inexpensive accommodation provided starting at $9.50 per day with one free cafeteria meal every working day. Full benefits coverage after 90 days (Health, Drugs, Vision, and Dental).
Visit www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs!
Bellperson / Valet
A smile and helping hand is what our Guests will experience as you personally greet them on their arrival. As a Bellperson with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, your knowledge of the hotel and the professionalism you display will create a sense of “welcome” like no other.
Hotel Overview: Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Offer professional, consistent, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure the timely and efficient delivery of luggage to and from the guest’s room
- Act as a valet parking attendant and parks and retrieves guest vehicles
- Receive and deliver items for guests
- Serve as a liaison for guests by providing information relating to all aspects of the hotel
- Addresses guest concerns and brings them to the attention of the Manager on Duty
- Maintain knowledge of the hotel’s emergency procedures
- Adhere to all departmental and hotel policies, procedures and standards - including safety and environmental initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a similar environment will be an asset
- Must have a valid Canadian driver's licence and must obtain and present up-to-date driver's abstract free of any serious demerit points
- Willingness and ability to gain an Alberta Class 4 driver’s licence prior to beginning employment or within 3 months of commencement
- Certification in CPR and First Aid required
- Must be physically capable of meeting the very physical demands of the position
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills, including professional verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible and reliable, demonstrating initiative as required
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, team based environment
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the role, including:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Applicant must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.76 to $23.52 /hour