Job Posting #: 201683
Position: Total Rewards Advisor
Department: Human Resources
Union: Non Union
Status: Temporary Full-Time
Shifts: Days (Monday-Friday * Hours flexible to operational needs)
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. JBH is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team (OHT).
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, our vision is compassionate care and exemplary service-every time. We are seeking a Total Rewards Advisor with a passion for service excellence and a commitment to outstanding health care.
Reporting to the Director of HR and Employee health Services as a subject matter expert with a focus in Total Rewards, this role provides in-depth knowledge, expertise and counsel related to Compensation and Benefits programs, policies, processes, strategies, and related legislation and labour market trends.
The ideal candidate is detail focused, excels in customer service and working collaboratively in a team environment; promotes and advances Human Resources leading practice while inspiring performance excellence, embracing change and transformation.
Total Rewards Expertise
- Applies Compensation and Benefits (inclusive of pension) knowledge to develop, document, implement, and sustain Total Rewards programs, i.e. job evaluations, regular salary or benefits premium adjustments, surveys, etc.
- Acts as a point of contact for Joseph Brant Hospital Benefits administration. Monitors payment of
benefit premiums and maintains communication with employees with special circumstances, i.e. health leaves, long term disability, retirees, salary continuance and termination
- Oversees compensation framework and develops shared implementation plans for salary adjustment processes (including systems inputting and communication).
o Updates and maintains the master salary tables to ensure accuracy of data. Communicates changes to Human Resources team inclusive of a condensed salary manual for the Recruitment team to ensure candidates are presented with the appropriate salary offer.
o Leads the delivery of timely and accurate compensation support and reporting
- Develops and delivers communication and training materials on Total Rewards guidelines and programs, ensuring that they are fully understood and adopted by the Human Resources Team and employees, as needed
- Develops and aligns internal policies, practices with legislation and to support Total Rewards program strategy
- Ensures integrity of data in Human Resources Information System (HRIS) related to Total Rewards
- Provides guidance, advice and counsel to Human Resources Team members to enable informed and effective decisions on matters related to compensation and benefits
- Performs quality assurance checks on work prepared by Human Resources Team members to ensure accuracy and completeness, as needed
Analysis and Design
- Conducts research on related legislation and on competitive trends / practices within peer hospitals and the larger market place, interprets data and develops recommendations based on findings
- Researches and recommends projected amounts to be budgeted for annual compensation and benefits budget build cycles to support Total Rewards program planning
- Conducts needs analysis through engagement of internal and external stakeholders to identify pressures impacting current Total Rewards programs
- Prepares complex cost/benefit modeling/analysis and identifies risks (and strategies to mitigate same) related to Total Rewards program development / sustainment
- Prepares reports / proposals / briefing notes / executive summaries to translate data / research into clear, succinct and actionable recommendations
- Develops implementation / project plans for new Total Rewards programs or existing programs that are cyclical in nature(project plans may be cross-functional or involve third party vendors)
- Monitors project plans to ensure milestones and timelines are achieved
- Ensures that resources identified within project plans are apprised of their responsibilities
- Produces regular status reports on the progress of projects, and identifies milestones that may be at risk, and provides recommendations to mitigate
- Post-secondary degree as well as a diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation and/or Certified Employee Benefits Advisor (CEBS)
- CHRP/CHRL designation or actively working towards completion with a commitment to complete within two years
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Total Rewards Advisor role in a complex union / nonunion environment hospital environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with relevant legislation (i.e. Employment Standards Act, Pay Equity, Public Sector Salary Restraint, Excellent Care for All Act, BPS Perquisites, etc.)
- Strong consulting, facilitating and advisory skills used to support the advancement and maintenance of Total Rewards programs
- Ability to conduct research and condense complex information into succinct reports or briefing notes/proposals
- Strong time management , planning and organizational skills to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills with proven ability to build trust at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Human Resources metrics and strong analytical and research skills
- Advanced capability in office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience in HRIS applications with strong numeric, data manipulation, spreadsheet and analytical skills
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #201683. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
At Joseph Brant Hospital, we are committed to diversity and inclusion as we continue and expand our efforts to become a more inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from all diverse and underrepresented groups to apply.
Should you require an accommodation under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and /or the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) during any stage of the recruitment process HR will work with you to remove any barriers, please do not hesitate to let us know by contacting HR for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4129.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract