Matcon Environmental Ltd is one of the Lower Mainland's leading and most highly respected construction companies. Due to continued growth within our company, we are offering a position for a full-time Landscaper who is interested in taking on additional construction labour work.
Requirements for this position:
- Experience in earth works.
- Experience with topsoil’s, laying sod, planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and trees.
- Cut, rake, fertilize and water lawns; weed gardens; prune shrubs and trees; and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor.
- Removal of unwanted, dead or damaged trees.
- Spring/Fall clean up.
- Ability to drive a truck with trailer or plow a plus!
- Specialty services like plant installation, fencing, ground leveling.
- Consulting with clients on landscape designs, and plant selection and care.
- Must be able to operate commercial equipment including mowers, trimmers & blowers skid steers, thousand pounders, etc.
- Hardscape and/or construction experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of hand signals/ spotter experience
- Comfortable backing up haul trucks.
- Ability to run hand power tools.
- Soil compacting, moving rock or gravel.
- Knowledge of gardening products such as fertilizers and pesticides.
Essential Job Functions:
- Be a team player, able to problem solve, possess a positive “can do” attitude.
- Able to handle pressure and coordination of several tasks at once.
- Willingness to travel for work 25% of the time.
- Someone who thrives being in a production-driven environment while staying friendly, professional, and a clear communication.
- Attention to detail and desire to provide high-quality workmanship, right the first time.
- Physical strength and durability for all extreme weather conditions
- Be able to recognize safety issues.
- Ability to work without close supervision once directed on task.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods; handle and manipulate objects on a repetitive basis.
- Must contain a valid drivers license and be able to get to and from the job sites.
Matcon works with the CLAC union, and all new employees become members upon joining the company. Included in the remuneration perks are a safety gear allowance, RRSP (matched and unmatched), insurance benefits and holiday pay.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.49-$32.05 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- British Columbia: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Landscaping: 2 years (required)
- Construction operations: 1 year (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road