Infrastructure Maintenance Manager
Rideau Transit Maintenance (RTM) is a General Partnership firm of ACS Infrastructure Canada, SNC Lavalin O&M, and Ellis Don. RTM has been awarded a 30-year contract to maintain the Confederation Line, the new light rail transit system in Ottawa.
RTM currently has several exciting career opportunities, with growth potential, for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals looking to play a role in the ongoing operation and maintenance. All RTM’s positions will be instrumental in ensuring the reliable supply of trains and maintenance services on the Confederation Line. Applicants should have the ability to embrace a dynamic working environment that promotes safety, service, quality, motivation, and teamwork. Applicants must have a desire to learn, be flexible, safety conscious, and have an excellent work ethic. A comprehensive benefits package and a RRSP match program is offered.
This Infrastructure Maintenance Manager will report to the Maintenance Director.
- Develops and maintains the Maintenance & Rehabilitation Plan and the Asset Management Plan for non-Vehicle assets, including all required input from subcontractors;
- Ensures that all infrastructure maintenance, including seasonal maintenance requirements, are planned, executed, and documented;
- Develops the maintenance strategy for facilities and structures assets;
- Ensures the Preventive Maintenance program for infrastructure is suitably developed, work is scheduled, and completed on time;
- Ensures that corrective work is properly prioritized;
- Responsible for implementing sound work order management practices, including clear documentation created for all preventive and corrective work;
- Supports infrastructure maintenance budget development, ensures budget is adhered to;
- Responsible for RTM's compliance to relevant contractual performance metrics, and ensure timely response/rectification of issues;
- Ensures that contractual maintenance reporting requirements are met;
- Ensures that infrastructure maintenance subcontractors provide, and adhere to, Preventive Maintenance schedules and are held accountable for non-performance;
- Finds subcontracting efficiencies;
- Supports RTM’s Confederation Line Stage 2 project team (2 technical specialists/engineers) with review of the Stage 2 LRT designs and field works from a Maintenance and Rehabilitation perspective; and
- Other projects as assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Education:
- University degree in Engineering;
- A registered Professional Engineer licensed to practice in the Province of Ontario;
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or management experience;
- 10 years plus experience in rail transit industry;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proven track record in mobilizing and managing a successful team;
- Strong analytical skills with an organized and methodical approach to problem solving;
- Strong technical and procedural writing skills, with a background in the development and implementation of maintenance policies and procedures;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to absorb and present large amounts of detail through various forms of communications;
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and a keen attention to detail;
- Proficiency and confidence in using a wide range of IT systems, software and other technical systems;
- A willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to meet the significant demands of a high profile and key infrastructure project in the City of Ottawa; and
- Candidates who have experience in a public transit related maintenance and/or operations environment.
Please submit your cover letter clearly indicating how your experience aligns with this role and include your salary requirements along with your CV.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $0.00 /year
- IT Systems softwares: 4 years (Preferred)
- Infrastructure Project Manager: 5 years (Required)
- rail industry: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19