The Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA) provides primary health care, including chronic disease management, health promotion and disease prevention. Serving 33 First Nations in the area, we are here to support and contribute to a strong health system by providing a variety of essential health services to the people of Northern and remote communities.
The Training Specialist/Coordinator will design, develop, and administer training programs for employees at all levels in areas such as customer service, leadership, communication, teamwork, and problem solving. They will also coordinate registration and marketing for these internal training programs to ensure full employee participation and engagement and are committed to the success and growth of our organization. This role reports to the Director of Human Resources.
If you enjoy the outdoors, exploring and connecting with people, then the Sioux Lookout area is the place for you! On top of all that, SLFNHA offers great benefits, a supportive work environment and many opportunities!
For more information and an organizational profile, please visit: http://bit.ly/SLFNHA-OP
- Assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultations with management.
- Deliver custom training programs to employees using a variety of instructional techniques such as lectures, group discussions, team exercises, hands-on examples and other formats.
- Design and create training manuals, online learning modules, and course materials.
- Assist in the evaluation of programs and track employee success and progress.
- Research for external training partners and hire as needed acting as a liaison and coordinator.
- Manage the production of program marketing material in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Prepare budgets and monitor costs for training programs and workshops and oversee employee attendance and performance.
- Schedule classes, set up systems and equipment and coordinate enrollment, upgrading at regular intervals.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Director, assist with personal development plans for employees.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years’ training and facilitation experience preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Knowledge of various training and teaching methods
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience working in a First Nations community and ability to communicate in one of the First Nations dialects of the Sioux Lookout Zone would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); must be able to clearly convey information and facilitate learning to multi-disciplinary and diverse teams.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Solid research and analysis strengths.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and coaching skills with the ability to engage an audience.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and collaborative strengths.
- Creative mindset for evaluating existing methods and implementing new approaches.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as the Training Specialist Coordinator, please submit your resume in confidence to healthcare @legacybowes.com quoting #183619.
Job Type: Full-time