Applications Analyst - Technology Services
Permanent Full Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Applications Analysts who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
The Application Analyst will be responsible for collaboratively working with hospital stakeholders to design, implement, support and operationalize technical integrations and applications for the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. This role will work closely with internal and external project groups by evaluating business needs and gathering requirements while promoting interoperability between hospital building systems and platforms. Proven communication and problem-solving skills with knowledge of solution development and integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Work with internal and external teams on all phases of application lifecycle including requirement gathering, analysis, solution design, implementation, integration, testing, support and maintenance.
- Provide application expertise for integration points between connected hospital systems and applications.
- Work with project teams and functional programs to understand functional and non-functional requirements and current workflows.
- Coordinate application and integration acceptance tests and support clinical commissioning activities to ensure the quality of deliverables and adherence to business needs.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve application related issues in a timely manner.
- Follow the best practices for solution development and testing process to ensure high-quantity products.
What must you have?
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent required.
- IT industry certification and continuous training of current technology are required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in IT and/or healthcare industry.
- Must have working experience with hospital building systems such as Nurse Call, RTLS, BAS\BMS, Access Control,
- Pneumatic Tube Systems, Aerocom
What else do you bring?
- DBFM project experience is an asset.
- Working experience with Vocera Engage, Cetani, Austco Tacera, Aerocom an asset
- Working experience with interface engines and clinical applications such as Rhapsody, EMR, PACS, LIS, etc.
- Working knowledge of interface and integration methodology (HL7, SOAP, Web Service, DICOM, FHIR etc.), database (SQL or Oracle), and programming languages (PHP, C#, Python, or Java).
- Working experience with integration of cross-functional applications between different business units and systems.
- Working knowledge of business and technical requirements analysis, business process modelling and methodology development, and data mapping.
- Working experience in implementation of large scale and complex system integration in the healthcare sector.
- Good understanding of risk management, privacy, e-safety, and quality assurance methodologies as they relate to integration/software engineering.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to adopt modern information technology and systems and an enthusiastic adopter of new and novel technology solutions.
- Proven attendance record.
Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring and values – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.