Are you ready to try something new?
Are you overdue for something fun?
Something that is challenging and rewarding?
Something exciting with great growth opportunities?
We would love for you to join us today!
Please indicate your preferred availability when applying.
Candidates with a working knowledge and/or working experience merchandising and shelf stocking will be in higher consideration.
Since opening our first store in 1995, Factory Direct has grown to become one of Canada’s largest privately owned closeout retailers.
Currently operating over 20 stores in Ontario, Factory Direct specializes in purchasing large quantities of new, refurbished, end of line, surplus and closeout brand name consumer and office products.
We currently stock over 10,000 different products ranging from computers, electronics, cellular phones, health and beauty, toys and gaming, home and garden, and other seasonal and general merchandise.
As a Factory Direct employee, your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Selling products, services and solutions by getting to know customers and helping solve their unique end to end needs;
- Maintaining store merchandising standards;
- Asking lifestyle questions to thoroughly understand customer needs, offers relevant services, solutions, and accessories so customer can make informed decision to complete their purchase;
- Utilize all relevant sales tools to drive profitable growth;
- Leverage on-line resources, tools, and peer knowledge to self train.
Working at Factory Direct will help you:
- Learn first-hand how a fast-paced business operates and how commercial decisions are made;
- Develop an ability to work under pressure;
- Understand the strengths of working in a team and how others in different teams depended on your work;
- Acquire self-management skills, the importance of being punctual, flexible, getting work done on time, and being willing to improve your own performance.
How to Apply: In Person between 10:00 and 18:00:
Factory Direct - Barrie
400 Bayfield Street, Barrie, Ontario, Canada, L4M 5A1
Terms of Employment: Part-Time leading to Full-Time, Weekends, Evenings
Salary: $14.00 Hourly, for 20 - 32 Hours MAX per week, Commission
Location: Barrie, Ontario ( 1 vacancy )
Skill Requirements: Education: Completion of high school, Some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training
Experience: Experience an asset
- Reading text,
- Document use,
- Working with others,
- Problem solving,
- Decision making,
- Critical thinking,
- Job task planning and organizing,
- Significant use of memory,
- Finding information,
- Computer use,
- Continuous learning
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- mobile phone sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- computer sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- shelf stocking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Barrie, ON (Required)
- English (Preferred)