ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada with 48 locations from Saint John, New Brunswick to Corner Brook, Newfoundland and many towns and cities in between. We owe our success to our exceptional customer service, superior selection of home building supplies, and our commitment to protecting our customers and staff by hiring and training associates dedicated to our safety values. Our culture thrives thanks to the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in, our focus on diversity in the workplace, our commitment to our employees through training and development programs and our focus on creating an aligned and engaged workforce across our locations.
Wages: $37,000 - $50,000
Here at Kent, we know our success is based on the fearless leadership of our teams. Each of our retail locations has unique needs to best serve both its clients and staff, and we empower our managers to manage multiple aspects of their businesses as if it was their own. Assistant Store Managers are responsible for all operations throughout the store, which includes maintaining safety standards, delivering financial results, merchandising, providing a first-class customer service experience, and developing their people.
- 5 years retail management experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to leverage technology for project management, analysis and solving problems (including Microsoft Office Suite)
- Willing to relocate for exciting advancement opportunities
- Undergraduate Degree is an asset
- Demonstrates sensitivity to customer needs and willingness to build sincere relationships
- Engages and motivates team members with energy/optimism, through company vision and effectively promote leadership at all levels
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results and implement process improvements
- Communicates with honesty and integrity, and creates the space for others to do the same
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Open to continuous improvement and responsible for independent learning
- Flexible schedule based on retail needs
What we Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, RRSP Matching, and PTO benefits
- Generous employee discount on the best brands in the business
- An opportunity to bring your unique personality and join our creative and fun store teams
- Continuous learning through a tailored development plan
- Growth and development opportunities through Kent and the greater J.D. Irving, Limited organization
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,000.00-$50,000.00 per year