Stenberg College's mission is to offer exceptional career-oriented programs. We achieve excellence in education through our sustained commitment to program quality, outstanding student services and the professional development of our faculty, staff, and alumni.
We are currently seeking a Curriculum Developer to join our growing team.
This individual oversees the development, revision, and implementation of curriculum relevant to a specified portfolio of programs and acts as an advisor to content experts and college staff and faculty.
Please note that this is a one year contract with the possibility of an extension.
- In collaboration with the Curriculum Coordinator, updating, modifying, and maintaining existing in-class, online, and simulation-based programs, courses, and activities
- Ensuring all curriculum development meets the quality and educational standards as defined by Stenberg College and other regulatory bodies
- Developing and maintaining courses for in-class and online delivery according to instructional design best practices
- Researching and evaluating curriculum materials, supplies, and equipment for acquisition
- Researching new educational tools for instructional delivery for both in-class and online programs
- Working with subject matter experts to identify and develop relevant course materials
- Managing external development contracts and tracking budgets for new development
- Orienting faculty to program and course content
- Working as an advisor to other areas of the college in regards to curriculum-related questions – e.g. scheduling, prior learning assessments etc.
- Completing minor PTIB or regulatory change reports as required
- Attending conferences or regulatory meetings as a college representative – travel may be required
- Coordinating, chairing, and/or presenting at curriculum working group meetings, annual end of program reviews, Program Advisory Committee (PAC) meetings, and faculty meetings
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience or training – science or healthcare background is an asset
- Adult Education Credential / Online Learning Certification / Project Management credential
- Demonstrated experience in developing classroom-based or online curriculum rooted in adult learning best practices, including the development and alignment of learning objectives with assessments
- Teaching or training experience with adult learners, ideally with some experience in an E-learning delivery environment
- Experience with learning management systems and E-learning development tools such as Camtasia
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Minimum typing speed of 45wpm
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work productively with a broad stakeholder group
- Ability to manage several concurrent projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to think critically and make decisions
- Understanding of adult education and e-learning principles and best practices
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter. Please use “Curriculum Developer” as your subject line and include your salary expectations in your cover letter.
To find out more about our organization, please visit www.stenbergcollege.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract