Make a lasting difference in your community.
If you want to give back to your community by sharing your time and caring for others, we have a role for you!
VON Middlesex-Elgin, Family Supports Program is proud to offer Support Worker opportunities in our Special Services at Home and Passport Programs. Our Programs provide support to individuals with developmental disabilities and respite support to their families in London, Middlesex, Elgin and Oxford areas.
Support Worker Key Responsibilities:
- Provide support to children with a developmental and/or physical disability and adults with a developmental disability
- Provide respite care
- Assist people to develop skills and independence
- Access various community activities
- Assist families and VON to develop and implement individual support plans
- Experience providing support or care to individuals with a disability
- Education and training in related field is required
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes is preferred
- Patient, committed, reliable
- Ability to respect confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Excellent communication skills to engage with Clients, Client’s family members and Case Coordinator on relevant plan information.
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team providing support
- Availability to work evenings and weekends is preferred
- Work on a part-time self-employed, independently contracted basis. Hours will vary depending on individual plans
- Interested in providing support on a long-term basis (minimum of one year).
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Search is required
- Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status is required
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to use your skills and expand your knowledge
- Opportunity to make a difference in your community
- Flexible hours based on your preferred schedule. Whether you are looking for part-time work that is flexible or have limited availability, we find solutions that work best for you and our clients!
- Diverse Care - tailor your experience to your area of interest and expertise among our diverse range of clients requiring care.
- This position is eligible for the temporary $3.00 per hour wage enhancement from the Ontario Government for all hours spent directly caring for clients.
VON is closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19 and following public health directives, including recommendations from the Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. The health and safety of our clients, their families, our staff and independent contractors are our top priority.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to VON at the contact information below. Only those candidates selected for screening will be contacted.
Please direct resumes to Program Lead- Sarah Howe
Once you submit your resume, you may be invited to an information session to learn more about the screening process for Support Worker opportunities. Successful candidates will be invited to complete our screening process.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00-$23.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule