Position: SENIOR ANALYST, DECISION SUPPORT
Department: Finance & Decision Support
Status: Temporary Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
ABOUT JOSEPH BRANT HOSPITAL:
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton and Stoney Creek. JBH is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara's Top Employers for five (5) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University, and designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team (OHT).
JBH inspires and empowers a culture of caring and this is demonstrated in many ways including our commitment to the health, safety and wellbeing of our people. For more information, visit www.josephbranthospital.ca.
Reporting to the Manager Decision Support, the Senior Analyst, Decision Support is a technically-minded professional who supports the organization by way of turning data into insights. Key components of the job include requirements gathering, database querying/analysis, performance indicator development/automation and ad-hoc reporting and communication.
- Develop, produce, and analyze reports to support decision making, planning, impact/market share analysis, and proposals
- Manage information needs by working with health records, finance, informatics, etc.
- Manage the maintenance, improvement, and presentation of program scorecards and dashboards, performance indicators and ad-hoc reports for various users and user groups within the organization
- Provide education and subject matter expertise to the leadership team and clinicians on the interpretation of data, and functionality of decision support tools
- Manage and ensure external data submissions and reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Work with peers and stakeholders external to the hospital
- Keep abreast of current advances in the fields of Health, Business Intelligence and Information Management
- Effective and independent self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills, data and statistical acumen, and ability to work with an integrated team of various disciplines
- Related undergraduate degree or diploma; Master's degree considered an asset (MBA/Computer Science/Engineering)
- At least 3 years' experience in a decision support setting (hospital/health care environment) or relevant field
- At least 2 years' previous experience in SQL Data Query Language is required
- Strong computer knowledge and skills with proficiency in decision support tools and applications, databases, designing and generating reports and knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Previous experience with Ontario Health Cancer Care Ontario lines of business, ATC/WTIS, CIHI acute and post-acute databases (DAD, NACRS, OMHRS, NRS, CCRS), MIS/OHRS, Meditech, Integrated Decision Support (IDS) BI, IntelliHealth Ontario
- Experience with funding models (HBAM/GEM, MOH QBPs, CCO QBPs, PCOP) an asset
- Proficiency in data analysis, interpretation and presentation using MS Office tools is essential;
- Knowledge of databases and report writing tools like Information Builders WebFOCUS and Crystal Reports an asset
- Familiarity with leading business intelligence solutions such as Tableau and Power BI
- Project management abilities including excellent organization and time management skills to manage a demanding workload effectively in an environment of many conflicting and competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and maintain strategic relations and partnerships with diverse health service providers
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please visit the JBH Careers page to apply to posting #201079. We ask that you please include the posting number in the subject line of any email correspondence. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants and only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Any information obtained during the recruitment process will be used for employment recruitment only, and not for any other purpose.
JBH is committed to and supports practices that are inclusive. HR will accommodate any needs under the Ontario Human Right Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Recruitment processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested.
Should you require accommodation through the application and/or recruitment process, please contact HR for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Ext. 4129 to allow opportunity for appropriate accommodations to be made.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary