As a technical engineer, you know better than anyone how the perfect blend of technical knowledge and people skills can lead to exceptional success.
Now, you’re at a stage in your career where you want to take your well-developed skills to an established company.
Now imagine what you could do, and the success you could have, with the backing of a rapidly growing company who specializes in your area of expertise?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, a global provider of high-performance radar surveillance solutions designed to detect and track small uncooperative targets such as pleasure-craft, vessels, low flying aircraft, drones, birds and ground targets. They provide surveillance technology and solutions that keep people safe.
Now, they are looking for a Systems Engineer to join their team. They are looking for you!
As the new Systems Engineer, you’ll take ownership over the hardware and software aspects of our client’s systems and how they all plug together. As an integral part of the engineering team, you will help develop new product innovations, manage the lifecycle of radar/sensor surveillance system components, and maintain engineering design, support, and technical customer-facing documentation for our products.
Your role is twofold. First, you’ll be creating documentation and processes, and secondly, you’ll be taking the product through production (design, configuration and testing). Practically speaking, your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining documentation for our client’s surveillance system products & services, for example: production documentation, testing documentation, drawings, analysis and reporting
- Supporting the production of new system orders in design, configuration, and testing
- Lifecycle management of the hardware and software used in our client’s systems including:
Testing and certification of new/updated hardware and software components
Quality assurance testing of product releases and creation of upgrade instructions
Cybersecurity scanning and remediation
- Providing level two technical support for fielded systems and assisting the support team with system upgrades
- Working with the engineering and software development teams on new product development
- Working with the sales team by providing engineering support in relation to bids and new business opportunities
This is a full-time, permanent position, with a comprehensive benefits package, vacation, and competitive salary.
Working with Us
Our client is committed to getting better every day and working to create an environment that brings out the best in every employee, develop leaders, and rewards results.
Their employees have many reasons why they love working with them, but one thing they mention again and again is the quality of the team. Teamwork is key, and they work hard to foster a team that is motivated to get the job done, together.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- 1-2 years of engineering experience and a solid understanding of engineering design concepts.
- 1+ years of experience with networking
- Intuitive problem solving and independently working through problems
- Hands on experience with computing technology
- 1-2 years of experience with Windows and Linux based operating systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of signal processing, antennas, transmitters & receivers is considered an asset
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!