We are looking for 18 Assembly Instrument Technicians to join our Assembly team!
Reporting to the Supervisor of Assembly, the Assembly Technician will work in collaboration with the Assembly team to increase and improve the production of optical rifle sights. The technician will assemble and adjust sub-assemblies and complete optical systems that may be comprised of several sub-assemblies, cement and paint lenses, prisms and reticles and perform final checking for deficiencies according to the ISO 9001 standards of quality. Training will be provided to the candidate filling the minimum requirements.
We are looking for the following Education and Technical Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma or equivalent, preference given to candidates with completion of post-secondary education.
- Must be skilled in the use of the metric system
- Ability to follow work flow operations instructions and work shiftwork, overtime and on short notice
- Experience in handling or assembling small parts with exceptional finger dexterity.
- Good visual acuity to spot imperfections in the parts or assemblies
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with assembling and handling of optical components and/or previous work in manufacturing assembly line is an asset but not essential
We are looking for the following Key Competencies:
- Effective interpersonal, leadership and communications skills
- An Adaptable, innovative and problem solver
- Analytical and reasoning, decision making with business acumen
- Planning and coordinating of resources and activities within the team, other departments and external as required.
- Accountability to stay motivated and resilient even when faced with inevitable delays, setbacks and policy shifts
- Willingness to learn and acquire knowledge/understanding through study, instruction or experience.
- Willingness and ability to follow instructions from Supervision/Group Leads.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to have patience to work with and count small parts, continuous attention to detail is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Secret security clearance
We offer a competitive compensation package including benefits and pension.
Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005), Raytheon ELCAN Optical Technologies will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability – related accommodations, please contact Human Resources. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Assembly in a Manufacturing Environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)