LOCAL APPLICANTS ONLY. THIS IS NOT A SUMMER ONLY POSITION.
Review work location before applying (closest public transportation stop is 20 minute walk away)
Summary of Job Description
As a market cashier, your main duty will be at the cash register. However, you will be expected to work in other areas of the market such as morning set up, closing procedures, market signage, and other duties as required by management. You will have the incredible opportunity to learn about Ontario agriculture and products, as well as various skills in merchandising and customer service.
This position is seasonal (from April to December).
You must be available to work weekends and public holidays. Since this is an outdoor market, you will be able to enjoy the great weather when it happens, but will also have to deal with the extreme conditions that we sometimes experience.
1. Operate cash register (inc: entering products/prices, totaling orders, taking payment from customers)
2. Taking various types of payment (cash, direct payment, credit cards)
3. Bagging, boxing, carrying out orders as necessary
4. Answer customer inquiries or concerns and complaints as required
5. Other duties may include:
a. Setting up store in the mornings (packing and merchandising, signage)
b. Maintenance of store through the day (packing and merchandising, signage)
c. Closing procedures at the end of the day
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
1. Good math and money skills
2. Attention to detail
3. Ability to stand for long period of time
4. Ability to lift heavy items
5. Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
6. Self motivated
7. Ability to Multi-Task
9. Responsible and reliable
Expected start date: 2021-08-11
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $14.25 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday