Gordon Bay is looking for a Retail Manager to run the retail store successfully. Working on the shop floor, the retail manager will be in constant contact with their customers and staff. They are responsible for ensuring their staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
- This is a full time, salary position, where working weekends, holidays, and overtime are sometimes required
- Annual Salary with Target Bonus
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- recruiting, training, supervising and appraising retail and fuel attendant staff
- managing budgets
- managing the rental department
- Develop procedures and management report that allow prompt, complete and accurate feedback on inventory condition, such as turnover, obsolescence, part aging, lost sales, daily operating control sheet, etc.
- dealing with customer queries and complaints
- overseeing pricing (maintain competitive pricing) and stock control (cycle counts and year end counts)
- maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- preparing promotional materials and retail displays
- Establish policies for ordering stock.
All applicants must have the ability to get to the marina independently, and must be able to legally work in Ontario, Canada at time of application.
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected start date: 2020-10-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep staff as safe as possible, clear plastic barriers have been installed at the cash, hand sanitizer, gloves and masks are made available to all staff and customers. Other protective protocols are out in place to ensure a safe work environment.
- Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)