JELD-WEN Windows & Doors, Canada’s leading window and door brand, is currently seeking an individual for the following position at our Toronto, Ontario Plant and Offices. We are looking for our next great team member to work in a team environment providing exceptional service to our customers. Our vision is to lead the global building products industry with great people creating superior products and delivering excellence in all that we do.
Customer Excellence Manager - Toronto
Position: Customer Excellence Manager
Reports To: Director of Customer Care
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Vaughan)
Summary: A Customer Excellence Manager is responsible for leading and directing customer care support operations (retail and non-retail) via a peer team of managers and staff to ensure we provide value for all JELD-WEN customers at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships
- Review and modify procedures as necessary to improve efficiency.
- Guides group to provide value added services in alignment with the company’s goals
- Ability and aptitude to lead projects
- Manages department deployment of resources to support our manufacturing operation’s customers, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, and department/company performance measures
- Maintains oversight of management team to ensure customer needs are met.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external service level standards/commitments
- Ensures appropriate staffing of the customer relations department
- Directs recruiting efforts for team members with proper skill set and that will contribute to high quality standards of department and company
- Ownership of the pre-sales and post-sales warranty program
- Provides leadership for employee relations (coaching, training, and development)
- Oversees analysis of quality reviews and expand team member knowledge and skills by directing effective on-going training and mentoring for team member and department success.
- Budget control - plan for department operations and monthly monitoring of expenditures and revenue
- Ensures compliance with department needs for capital investments and improvement projects
- Manages compliance with JELD-WEN, SOX and provincial regulations.
- Excellent computer skills, MS suite, PowerPoint
- Comfortable presenting data to all levels of JELD-WEN associates
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Team builder – Possess the ability to cultivate strong working relationships with peer group, subordinates, other Canadian plant and Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Solutions oriented, out of the box thinker, results driven, career oriented with a sense of humour
- Client Centric – Internal and External stakeholders
- Voice of Customer Ambassador
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required (credits towards a 4 year degree and years of experience will be considered)
- 7+ years related professional experience
- Management in a call center like environment preferred
- Advanced to expert level skill in Microsoft Office applications
- Leadership capabilities and ability to handle escalated customer service relations
- Ability to manage escalations and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Passionate about providing the exceptional customer experience – the Voice of the Customer always at the forefront of all decision making
- Ability to quickly learn new software, systems or processes
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated supervisory, training or lead experience
- Titan, Doclink, or SAP experience would be an asset
- Be familiar with all Corporate safety goals and ensure that they are met
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written, oral, listening, influencing, coaching, strategic communication planning).
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, with a proven track record of forging excellent relationships across organizations and with senior management.
- Versatility and a willingness to work within changing priorities and parameters
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Building products and home improvement industry knowledge and experience are strong assets
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 7 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)