Medical Laboratory Technologist
Permanent Part Time position
There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Medical Laboratory Technologists who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Functioning as a team player, contributes to the promotion and treatment of health conditions by performance and interpretation of diagnostic laboratory tests, ensuring optimum patient care.
Contribute to safe, quality care by
- Performs routine bench work according to established methodologies and procedures.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive working knowledge of the theory, system methodologies and equipment for all required tests.
- Responsible for reporting patient test results in a timely manner, ensuring they meet accuracy and reproducibility standards. As well, results should be analyzed and interpreted and the appropriate action taken when deemed necessary.
- Responsibilities include processing specimens, testing, documentation of procedures and results, maintenance, stocking and cleaning of working area.
What must you have?
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) General Diploma from a recognized school of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Successful Completion of certification exams for general registration from CSMLS.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
- Experience in core lab including Hematology, Chemistry and Transfusion Medicine, required.
What else do you bring?
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a dynamic team.
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and be able to prioritize the work depending on the needs of the department at any given time.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health
- This position is being represented by OPSEU Paramedical