Mackay Communications, Inc. is a global marine electronics service company with over 320 employees and 40 service depots in thirteen (13) countries, including the Americas, Europe, and Asia. For over fifty (50) years Mackay has sold, installed, and serviced navigation and communication equipment onboard commercial high-seas and fishing ships, yachts and pleasure craft. We sustain our industry-leading position by hiring only the most skilled technical candidates, investing in their continuous factory training, and providing the technical and administrative support needed to be successful in their jobs. The goal is to provide superior results to our customers and in turn, superior careers for our employees.
Mackay’s Quebec location has an opening for a Marine Service Technician (MST) and individuals with the skills and experience listed below are encouraged to apply.
Marine Service Technician (MST) Job Summary:
Under limited supervision, the Marine Service Technician (MST) will install, service, and repair electronic equipment onboard commercial ships, yachts, and pleasure craft. The MST will test, adjust, and troubleshoot components, and/or antennas as well as, loading, updating, and modifying software. The Marine Service Technician will utilize his/her knowledge of electronic theory and circuitry to address a variety of technical problems. The technician will also make intelligent use of complex schematics, blueprints, and manuals to accurately achieve assignments. Upon completing the assignment, the technician will compose a detailed service report.
Types of equipment serviced:
- HF and VHF Radios
Marine Service Technician (MST) Requirements:
- 3 Years’ experience as a Service Technician in commercial shipping or fishing industry or attained in the Navy or Canadian Coast Guard.
- Graduated from a recognized institution in the Electronics field (a plus).
- Possess strong knowledge of electronics theory and application.
- Must achieve a minimum score of 74 percent on basic electronics test administered by Employer.
- GMDSS Radio Operator License with radar endorsement is preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Be physically fit. Work environment often involves carrying up to 50 lbs., climbing ladders and masts, and exposure to weather.
- Must be proficient in English (speak, read, and write).
- Overtime work and travel may be required due to location of job and for training courses.
Mackay offers a competitive salary, overtime, and bonus plan in addition to Paid Time Off (PTO), DCPP match, and 100% employer paid medical, dental, and life insurance.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship and pass a thorough background check. Submit your resume along with your salary expectations. No phone calls please!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $34.00 /hour
- MST or MET in commercial shipping: 3 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Preferred)
- Quebec City, QC (Required)