We are a Victoria based company dedicated to improving seniors' quality of life through creative technology. We develop, manufacture and sell sophisticated monitoring and emergency call technologies mainly to the United States. Ours is a fast paced environment where hard work, initiative, teamwork and flexibility are prized, and we are looking for a like minded individual to fill a key role in our Company. As a smaller organization we have a collaborative, open door culture based on trust where new ideas are welcome. If you have a strong work ethic and are looking to make a difference and feel appreciated, we would invite you to join our team.
Reporting To: CFO
- Post secondary Education or training preferred
- Diploma in accounting or bookkeeping course preferred
- Minimum 2 years work experience in office environment preferred
- Accounts payable and payroll experience an asset
- Accounting experience preferred
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Enjoy working with a team, communicate effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Superior attention to detail and highly organized providing timely, accurate and complete information
- Accounting and mathematical reasoning skills required
- Ability to analyze situations accurately and take appropriate action
- Work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Proficient in accounting software programs (experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system an asset)
- Good working knowledge of excel
- Deal with employees and public in a helpful, courteous, friendly and professional manner whether on the phone or in person
- Total discretion when dealing with personal or private information, ability to view situations from Company not personal prospective.
Accounts Payable Responsibilities:
- Process & manage accounts payable in an accurate and efficient manner
- Receive daily invoices and document in the general ledger system
- Match purchase orders with invoices as they are received
- Review vendor statements ensuring all invoices & credits have been received and processed in ERP
- Monitor AP Aging & prepare weekly check run/EFT payments
- Maintain vendor records in accounting system
- Courteously respond to account inquiries
- Receive, process and ship drop-shipments in ERP upon receipt of invoice.
- Reconcile employee expense reports using Concur, verifying general ledger accounts and auditing for receipts in accordance with the corporate travel and expense reimbursement policy.
- Complete credit applications
- Process government remittances, both PST & GST in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist with US Sales tax filings
- Reconcile corporate credit card usage and processes month end bank and visa reconciliations
- Position includes a variety of month end duties including fixed asset tracking, prepaids, allocations and accruals
- Budget to actual reconciliations and populate other monthly and quarterly tracking
- Answer and disseminate calls when required
- Work with external auditors
- Other duties as assigned (including sales order entry back up)
- Ensure all employees paid in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Collate and process payroll, including updating employee numbers, hours, commissions, etc.
- Enter US and CAD payroll using online payroll platform (Ceridian)
- Prepare payroll related reports
- Record, maintain and update payroll procedures.
- Maintain employee records for new hires, pay changes, and terminations.
- Benefits administration including Great West Life, Medical Service Plan/Employee Health Tax and other
- Work with management to coordinate and process company benefit and RRSP program
- Maintain vacation schedules and tracking
- Month end duties including vacation and wage accruals
- Assist management with compliance with federal and local regulations, auditing, and other
- Assist with recruitment and hiring
Job Type: Full-time
- accounts payable: 2 years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 2 years (Preferred)
- Victoria, BC (Required)