Survey Crew Chief
Foresite is currently offering a 14/7 FIFO rotation Survey Crew Chief position and we are looking to fill this position immediately. The role will be primarily located at Suncor Base Plant where Foresite's office is located. Foresite services clients across the RMWB so job location can vary. Company housing or camp will be provided for FIFO.
This is a union-based position through the local OE955 and will be subject to good standing members or initiation/registration dues. The benefits to a union-based position are:
- Pension (10% of all ST hours up to a maximum of 50 hours per week)
- Health & Wellness fund ($1.65 on all hours worked)
- Training fund ($0.07 on all hours worked)
- Vacation (4% on all ST hours worked for 1-5 years and 6% on all ST hours worked for 5+ years)
- Holiday (4% on all ST hours worked)
Roles are based on union group ratings with an hourly base rate and calculated gross rate taking these benefits into account:
- Group 1 - Base $43.12 Gross $52.48-53.35 Working Foreman
- Group 2 - Base $39.67 Gross $48.42-49.21 Senior Crew Chief
- Group 3 - Base $37.75 Gross $46.15-46.90 Junior Crew Chief
Overtime will be paid for hours worked over eight (8) in a day or forty-four (44) in a week (Sunday to Saturday).
Hourly Wage and Flight/Housing availability will be dictated based on level of experience and certification.
- Skilled with the use of various survey equipment (GNSS Receivers, Total Stations, Levels, Locators, 3D scanners etc.) and ensures all company equipment and vehicles are properly operated and maintained
- Completes civil, mechanical, and structural field surveys and works closely with supervision/management to ensure all client objectives are met
- Perform survey calculations for field fit designs when needed
- Layout/As-built piles and mark/check/as-built cut-off elevations
- Grade/slope staking
- Complete detailed as-built and pre-engineering surveys
- Underground utility locates in plant and mining/tailings environment
- Pipeline corridor locates
- Concrete and Rebar scanning using GPR equipment
- Provides necessary documentation to office staff including any field notes, computations, and other survey data
- Communicates effectively with team members and ensures tasks are completed on time
- Performs all health and safety duties as identified in the company’s safety procedures
- Ability to work independently as a leader and as a team supporting training of Survey Assistants and Jr. Survey Crew Chiefs
- Eager/open minded to learn new methods and use of technology
- Must be punctual/reliable for shift work start times
- Ability to absorb feedback and adjust to corporate strategies
- Applicants must have 2+ years of experience in the survey field with a conventional survey skillset
- Successful completion of a post secondary education program in Geomatics or a related discipline with a concentration in Industrial & Civil Construction Survey is an asset. If not than a willingness to complete the Survey Theory & Calculations program through Northern Lakes College is preferred (union compensates successful completion of each course). Equivalent experience will be evaluated.
- Industrial and pipeline survey experience is viewed as an asset
- Underground Utility Locating Experience is viewed as an asset
- Specific experience with GPR equipment is viewed as an asset
- Experience with SX10 - 3D scanning and Faro equipment is viewed as an asset
- Energy Safety Canada Common Safety Orientation (CSO) is viewed as an asset
- Ground Disturbance, H2S Alive and First Aid is viewed as an asset
- Underground/Line Locating Certification is viewed as an asset
- Advanced UAV Pilot Certification is viewed as an asset
- Strong communication skills required
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License (with a clean 5-year abstract)
Established in 2008, Foresite Geomatics Ltd. operates at Suncor Base Plant and services a vast range of clients across the RMWB and Oil Sands sites. Foresite offers services such as Construction Survey, Buried Utility Locating, Drone Survey's, Ground Penetrating Radar, 3D Laser Scanning and Technical Consulting.
At Foresite our goal is to exceed the expectations of our clients by offering engaging customer service, flexibility in support requests, high standard final quality deliverables and a safe work culture.
Foresite utilizes current leading-edge equipment from the Survey and Line Locating industry and employs some of the most highly skilled workers in their field.
We look forward to those joining our team and the Foresite culture.
Your trusted Survey & Geomatics Solution Provider.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $37.75-$43.12 per hour
- Company car
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
Foresite has met and exceeded all industry protocols related to COVID 19. Our on-boarding package and orientation process covers job-site COVID protocols at length. A new hire will feel comfortable with the level of COVID response support at FGL.
- surveying: 1 year (required)